Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tv Programme

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks for the pointer, I watched it on Virgin Catch Up TV, and thought you came out very well. I can't imagine leaving that lifestyle to come back to the UK. How about a lifeswap with some us for a few months? As mentioned above I thought your some of your friends and family were shown as a bit on the selfish side. But that was probably just how it came out on TV.

Looked to me that you just need to get a home help / chalet maid and have more holidays back home, three trips a year should be enough.

Good on you for letting us all know you were on.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I find about 10 days or so to be my UK limit....
By then I am itching to get back home to Austria. It is just enough time to visit family and friends and just enough time to remember why I left... (although cheddar cheese and curry (not at the same time) can get me thinking).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax, you're brave, I get itchy feet after about 4 days
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ahh the Southerners can't wait to leave, but the Northerners realise that home is best Laughing Laughing wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, That could of course be expressed very differently!

I've been fortunate enough to live the ex-pat lifestyle a few times as well. Like Pam W I find it very hard to generalise about any given country as at the end of the day the differences can be a simple difference between a village or a region. There many ex-pat communities who get thrown together by language ( Philippines) or culture ( Middle East) although frankly I've found the Southern US to be amongst the hardest places to 'integrate'. Consequently these 'ex-pat' communities are very much made up of those transitory individuals who can nor or see little point in integrating with locals. This may well be because they know that they will be returning 'home' if their presence is job related. Same thing happens in the UK .. Kensington in London (French around the Lycee), Stockwell ( Portuguese) etc.

The only way to genuinely emigrate is to throw yourself into the local language and culture . I suspect this TV program can only attract participants who either havent done that or been unsuccessful in the attempt, not necessarily through any fault of their own. I could live an ex-pat lifestyle here in the South of France but we try and avoid it. We deliberately live in a very french community although many UK friends are frequently here because of a mutual love of boats and boating, so not a true integration. The UK is a beautiful place with great people -- but 2 days in London is enough for me and I want to get back to France. I have started to hate London.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy