Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salopettes for the short ar**

Poster: A snowHead
Wife 5ft 4 and wanting (wanting, not needing, as she has a perfectly good pair of Peak Performance trousers that match the jacket perfectly). She is a size 12 but legs probably shorter than the average size 12, so trousers tend to be too long for her. Does anyone know any brands that either a) are shorter than normal or b) offer shorter lengths?

She tried on a nice pair or Salomon ones yesterday but too long - so we can rule Salomon out of the equation.

Ta muchy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Schoffel do a petite leg for women snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boabski, I'm sorry,but Mrs B is tall (compared to moi of course)! I have some Trespass trousers which I bought 5 years ago in TK Maxx for about £30 - they fit really well, and keep me warm and dry Very Happy When I bought them, I did find a couple of suitable options, so perhaps worth a try?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mine are West Scout - I'm only 5ft 1" and they fit great in the leg. Like Anniepen, I got mine in TK Maxx a couple of years ago. It's most likely going to be trial and error like it is for us shorties for any pair of trousers we try to buy!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
She's tall compared to me too. I wrecked my North Face. sallies walking round the hospital in Grenoble, cos they dragged on the floor.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you shorties wink TK Maxx should start getting their ski gear in soon I would imagine and I'll keep a look out for Schoefel gear then - always nice but expensive
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am 5'1" and have Bonfire snowboarding trousers which for some reason are much shorter than all the skiing trousers I tried on. Maybe the snowboarding ones need to be shorter - not really sure!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boabski, I've never managed to find any myself yet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, Have you tried the Schoffel one's? They have been the best leg length I have found. I think it is the same with most clothes when you have little legs you just have to try on lots of pairs rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Linds, I haven't been able to find any Schoffel ones. Let me know when you next see them.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, Shorter leg length are available on-line from Lockwoods http://www.lockwoods.com/winter-sports-ski-clothing/salopettes-trousers/womens-salopettes-trousers/schoffel-savona-pant-short-leg-/prod_631.html Not cheap but worth the money rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Linds, my North Face ones I bought in L2A at the second PSB weren't much cheaper, but the hems are all worn now from dragging on the floor. Just have to do something about the long sleeves now.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For anyone wanting a size 16 or 18, these are a bargain. http://www.snowboardasylum.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/304713
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
loving the 'slightly roomier in the hip' description Helen Beaumont, . I've ordered 2 pairs! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MarjMJ, Laughing Laughing . I just need to find some size 14's now.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, Now that's not fair Crying or Very sad Am in process of looking for new ski kit, while in the process of trying to maintain momemtum of calorie restriction Evil or Very Mad . Measured myself and got the waist measurement confused with the hip one [My waist = their hips Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ].

Where's the lettuce. Off for a jog. Crying or Very sad
snow report
Linds wrote:
Helen Beaumont, Shorter leg length are available on-line from Lockwoods http://www.lockwoods.com/winter-sports-ski-clothing/salopettes-trousers/womens-salopettes-trousers/schoffel-savona-pant-short-leg-/prod_631.html Not cheap but worth the money rolling eyes Laughing

They ARE nice, and remind me of the best fitting (and length) salopettes I ever had. They used to be called 'racing pants' and were stretchy with slightly padded knees, and braces that were in one piece with a kind of back protector. I loved them but they were expensive too - about £70, 20+ years ago. The fabric is now wrecked, so unwearable, but happy memories Very Happy
snow conditions
curry-queen wrote:
Maybe the snowboarding ones need to be shorter

Snowboarding trousers are shorter in the leg because the waistband is meant to be worn halfway down the ar5e.....
latest report
Anniepen wrote:
Linds wrote:

They ARE nice, and remind me of the best fitting (and length) salopettes I ever had. They used to be called 'racing pants' and were stretchy with slightly padded knees, and braces that were in one piece with a kind of back protector. I loved them but they were expensive too - about £70, 20+ years ago. The fabric is now wrecked, so unwearable, but happy memories Very Happy

The discription is bizzare for these as they are not 'racing pants' they are just normal sallies but you can tell they are a better quality. Mine look like new still after several seasons Very Happy
snow report
Jon.L, Ha ha ha ha ha! If only my ar5e was small enough for them to hang down on my hips.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy