Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should there be a problem with daughter having a week out of Uni for skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Roy Hockley, that's cos his real name ain't Tim Brown.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, just don't tell the Daily Mail.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I named him but the post has been removed, anyone wants his name and where he reps for SCGB pm me here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8095
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, so is he the Val D'Isere hamster chops?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
thefatcontroller, so is he the Val D'Isere hamster chops?

Don't know but thinking of going skiing to Val D'Isere in late February to end of March next year and using the SCGB rep service there, ever used the guy who will be repping then Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, Have used the ski club repping service a couple of times (but not in Val D). It was cr@p. The rep was more interested in lunch than guiding.

Seemed to me to be more of an excuse for an average at best skier to get a subsidised stay in the Alps rather than a useful service to members.

I'd rather pay for a decent instructor or guide, because like most things in life, you gets what you pays for. wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller wrote:
I named him but the post has been removed, anyone wants his name and where he reps for SCGB pm me here

Wow, sounds like a hate campaign you're about to embark on. Good luck with it.

BTW, obviously you're planning some kind of confrontation. Will it be physical, verbal or a bit of both?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PJSki wrote:
Axsman wrote:
PJSki wrote:

I only get my posts deleted because fat, little crybabies go sniveling to the mods about them. I post what I think, one of you lot reads it, gets all upset and demands that it's removed. They go crying to one of their mod mates and down it goes. You're all a bit pathetic, really. Unfortunately for you, the newer members aren't part of your clique, take people at face value and aren't interested in your shitty little version of forum history.

Yeah right Timmy. It's everyone else's fault that the big bad mods pick on poor little you. Keep posting, do. the 'newer members' (those that don't recall why you were banned) will judge for themselves what a poisonous little shoite you really are. xxx

You should come and say that to my face, fat boy.

That sounds like it's you that (as usual from behind the safety of your keyboard) is 'looking for a confrontation'. Funny how that is often your last resort Tim.

Anyway I'm not fat, I'm just short for my weight NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Axsman wrote:
PJSki wrote:
Axsman wrote:
PJSki wrote:

I only get my posts deleted because fat, little crybabies go sniveling to the mods about them. I post what I think, one of you lot reads it, gets all upset and demands that it's removed. They go crying to one of their mod mates and down it goes. You're all a bit pathetic, really. Unfortunately for you, the newer members aren't part of your clique, take people at face value and aren't interested in your shitty little version of forum history.

Yeah right Timmy. It's everyone else's fault that the big bad mods pick on poor little you. Keep posting, do. the 'newer members' (those that don't recall why you were banned) will judge for themselves what a poisonous little shoite you really are. xxx

You should come and say that to my face, fat boy.

That sounds like it's you that (as usual from behind the safety of your keyboard) is 'looking for a confrontation'. Funny how that is often your last resort Tim.

I get a bit grouchy in the mornings.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PJSki wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

BTW, obviously you're planning some kind of confrontation. Will it be physical, verbal or a bit of both?

If it involves Axsman then it will be a drink-off followed by sudden death karaoke.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Assuming you all go at once, will this be classified as a snowHeads Bash?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Laughing Laughing
You can deffo rule me and Axsman out of the punch up as it will curtail our eating, drinking & skiing time (listed in order of importance).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PJSki wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

If it involves Axsman then it will be a drink-off followed by sudden death karaoke.

Fair warning, I am a black belt (12th dan) at Karaoke, but then I did study with a master (Skisimon) Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Best do some more editing wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2261
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laughing Laughing
You can deffo rule me and Axsman out of the punch up as it will curtail our eating, drinking & skiing time (listed in order of importance).

Don't forget the start a thread in the event section. Better get everyone who goes to wear a name badge, too. Or would they rather hang about incognito while they weigh up their chances?
snow report
PJSki,
Quote:

Or would they rather hang about incognito while they weigh up their chances?

Now that sounds like the AGM of the SCGB...
snow conditions
PJSki wrote:
Laughing Laughing

Don't forget the start a thread in the event section. Better get everyone who goes to wear a name badge, too. Or would they rather hang about incogskisno while they weigh up their chances?

What's she got to do with this - can she sing? Madeye-Smiley

Well what an interesting thread this has been. Three sock puppets bagged in one day - I'd call that a result! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I can sing! Where's the button to press? Toofy Grin
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
I can swing! Where's the button to press? Toofy Grin

It's not that kind of a bash. wink
ski holidays
PJSki, Laughing
latest report
Roy Hockley, Indeed - TB was forcibly stripped of his green jacket at the AGM before last, and left as a crying snivelling little heap - being comforted by Mr Goldsmith in a corner of the club library.

PJSki on the other hand is one of an elite bunch of stealth reps. You can only find out where he is repping and ski with him when you have reached purple status, have been a member-in-good-standing for 5 years and sworn allegiance to Caroline Stuart-Taylor. Even then he won't necessarily disclose his identity. But given that he often reps in enemy territory you can understand this.

He'd actually fit right in at a snowHeads bash - but his dedication to the huddled deprived masses of the SCGB is such that we may not see him on one for a while. He is actually a very very good skier wink

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 24-08-09 15:55; edited 1 time in total
latest report
So can I re-submit my comment about the effeminate looking lad with a goatee?
snow conditions
Double post!
ski holidays
Hey - if the OP is still there - I know one university that multiplies the year end result by the attendance ratio - half attendance means 50% is the max - or 1 week out of thirty missed = 3% off your mark.
latest report
I was a lecturer at Leeds until 2 yrs ago. In a science department.

I have to say its really really different now to when a lot of peeps on this forum went to Uni. (I too missed loads of lectures - oretty much all the 9ams etc) In our department we took attendance at all first year classes I think. Of course signatures can be forged by mates etc. Generally if someone missed more than a few classes they were sent letters noting their absence etc, then more serious steps etc etc.

At the end of the year when students fail, they generally winge and threaten to appeal or actually appeal, and try in some way to blame the Uni rather than themselves (their perogative as paying customers). At which point their attendance record is viewed etc.

As someone said to miss a week of science classes is actually quite a lot. Practicals are continually assessed, there is a lot of group work with peer assessment (and believe me students are brutal to fellow students who don't pitch in).

Students at many unis actually have only 2 semesters comprising 11 weeks of classes, so to miss one week is not insignificant.

I would say, let your daughter start uni, then make the choice of whether to come for herself and that way she can live with the consequences of her choices (a valuable lesson in life!)
ski holidays
(Haven't read the whole thread sorry)

I'm probably skipping the thursday and friday of a term-time this week to meet my family in Chamonix in Feb. I feel bad enough about this, deffo wouldn't want to miss a whole week.

But as mentioned depends on what course she's doing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy