Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes in January 1 week or 2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right, sod the cheap resort idea i have found some cheap flights and apartment in L2A from the 2nd jan just need to decide if to do 1 week or 2
so if anyone can advise it would be much appreciated

1) is there enough terrain/variety 2 keep us busy for 2 weeks
2) is the resort expensive (in comparison to lets say Val d'isere)
3) are supermarkets large and well stocked as probably eat in most nights
4) Bar prices?
5) Is nightlife good, i always read about great apres but its never as good as made out except had a blast in zell am see!
6) anything else????

idea is 6 day pass then massive blow-out for 2 nights and lay in bed all day then 5 day pass

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ady944,

1 - reasonable amount of terrain there but not as much as some. You can also use your pass to go to Alpe D'Huez, Serre Chevalier, La Grave etc. Buses available to some if you haven't got a car
2 - much cheaper than the 3 Valleys, Espace Killy, etc.
3 - one pretty large March U which has most things and is not expensive either
4 - 5 euros for a pint is probably as cheap as you'll get. Beer is expensive in France in bars
5 - it has a reputation as a party town and has plenty of clubs, bars, etc. More late night than apres though. I'm always with kids so haven't sampled it though.

You should find plenty to keep you busy for 11 days. I've probably skied there about 30 days in total and not tired of it. There are some local snowheads there who will be along I expect.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went for a week, and in terms of the pistes i covered them all, but there's lots of off-piste available that i didn't even begin to explore! Plus as has been said the options of Alpe D'Huez serre chevalier, puy st vincent, la grave all on the same lift pass its more then enough to keep you occupied for two weeks!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Given that a few shs quite easily entertained themselves all season there I'd say certainly. Early Jan may be a bit early for La Grave though. Avoid the "special" dutch tourists who helpful wear orange bibs to enable you to anticipate their flailings.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
you could do a week in LDA and a week somewhere else nearby (eg any of the places listed by swskier) without it being too complicated
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ady944, I've lived here for 18 years, and although I've (obviously) done all the pistes, I haven't managed all the off piste. It rather depends on what sort of skier you are. There are lots of challenges here, but not much cruising. LG will be open but might not be 'official' - that is free on the LDA liftpass in January. It all depends on whether there's enough snow on their glacier to open the link. ADH - buses twice a week - cheap. Not sure about SC but TOs go over every week, so you might be able to hitch a lift. Hitching is also possible. Very Happy

Forgot to say, beer is much cheaper if you go to the French bars and stay clear of the English ones! The English bar owners really rack up the prices by comparison!! Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you are just skiing pistes and enjoy, say getting from VT to Courchevel and back then you may find two weeks in LDA too much. If you enjoy skiing park, don't mind skiing the same runs multiple times or enjoy skiing off-piste then LDA may suit you well. The Vamos guidebook is IMV indispensable for the area if you are intending to ski off piste at all. I think Facewest stock it.

Cheapest beer we found is the Grotte de Yeti by the Diable lift. Go during happy hr (9-10) and stock up. In terms of hygiene, atmosphere etc the place leaves a little to be desired, though.

Transfer from Grenoble airport to LDA is much cheaper if done by the local bus companies rather than something like Ben's bus, provided you don't mind waiting a bit at Grenoble bus station.

It would surprise if the LG link is open. Getting there from LDA with the link shut and no vehicle is a pain. Your best bet would probably be to hitch. As easiski points out, there is a bus to ADH.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy