Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

JET2.COM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please could I have some advice as I am sure another Snowhead has been in a similar situation.

Have just been advised of a 3 1/2 hour change in our flight times for a short break to Spain which completely mangles our plans and makes the trip impossible for us.

Jet2 say tough, no refund and yes its in their terms and conditions but this is an operational change to suit them.

Has anyone any experience of cancelling the payment through their credit card, I know I may be able to claim on my insurance but would like to try the credit card cancellation first.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steve.S, I think you're probably stuck on this one. Best you could maybe do is pay the £50 charge to change the flights to another date when you'll be able to use them, rather than lose the whole flight. Depending on how much you paid for them in the first place though!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve.S wrote:
Please could I have some advice as I am sure another Snowhead has been in a similar situation.

Have just been advised of a 3 1/2 hour change in our flight times for a short break to Spain which completely mangles our plans and makes the trip impossible for us.

Jet2 say tough, no refund and yes its in their terms and conditions but this is an operational change to suit them.

Has anyone any experience of cancelling the payment through their credit card, I know I may be able to claim on my insurance but would like to try the credit card cancellation first.

Thanks.

Your Credit Card supplier may initiate a charge back up front, but would then undoubtedly reverse it, and probably charge you for the privilege.

You have no grounds on which to reverse the credit card payment, because you agreed to the contract with Jet2.

Even being able to claim on your insurance is unlikely, unless you have a very good policy, as they will usually only pay out on changes of 12 hours or more, not 3.5 hours.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1, Thanks, I thought that this might be the case but I am ticked off because the flights were £258.00, I will have to change destination so no refund (they don't allow route changes) and the only operator with flight times that suit to the new destination is Jet2 so another £260.00 in their pockets.

I am in the shipping business so I understand that flights can change for all sorts of reasons but this has been made to suit Jet2 so they really should accept some responsibility for their actions (particulary as I am having to book with them again).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve.S, why not just change them for some other date way in the future? Or is it not somewhere you'd want to go at a different time?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_heney, whilst I agree with you, I wonder why it is standard travel industry practice that the carrier may vary departure times to suit it, whereas the passenger has no leeway. It almost seems an unfair condition of contract.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Steve.S, You may be able to sell the tickets on e bay?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles wrote:
alex_heney, whilst I agree with you, I wonder why it is standard travel industry practice that the carrier may vary departure times to suit it, whereas the passenger has no leeway. It almost seems an unfair condition of contract.

It does, particularly when the time change is significant (to the passenger), but still not enough to class as a "significant change" allowing cancellation without cost.

It would be interesting to see somebody challenge this in court regarding whether it was a significant enough change for not allowing free cancellation to be an unfair term.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just had a check through their website to see about changing names or dates and the total cost for 2 of us is £110.00 so its a difficult call (I love the fact that if there are extra costs when I fly then I pay but if they are lower then no refunds).
Its just one of these things I guess but it still sticks in the throat and means I will probably discount Jet2 from my future travel plans (although the same get outs probably apply to all of the low cost carriers).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steve.S, you might want to check whether the flight number has changed. If it has, the original flight has been cancelled, not delayed, and you're entitled to a refund under EU rules. Otherwise, you're at Jet2's mercy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy