Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA ski carriage charges ?? clarification needed!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helen Beaumont wrote:
chattomonica, do you have an interest in this company?

Besides that obvious Spam a nice idea but the prices are eyewatering - I'll save the £40 quid or so easyjet will charge me but cough up £140 to these jokers hmm. Oh I forget they'll check my DIN so that's ok then wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got this reply when I enquired the other day:

Thank you for contacting us about sporting equipment.

In addition to your free checked baggage allowance, you are allowed to take one pieces of sporting equipment (skis) with you free of charge, provided it meets the following restrictions:

- Each bag must be no more than 240cm x 75cm x 65cm (94.5ins x 29.5ins x 25.5ins) including the handle, pockets and wheels. Sporting equipment listed below is exempt from the oversized bag charge.
- Each bag must not exceed 23kg (51lbs).
- Any bag that is more than 23kg (51lbs) and less than 32kg (70lbs) is subject to a charge at check-in.
- If you have more bags to check in over your free allowance (including your one piece of equipment), these will be subject to an additional fee per bag.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards
Ragini
British Airways
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gordyjh, Is that for a "new" or existing booking? Hard to believe its legit for Europe based on what they announced for a new booking.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My question was:
"How much will it cost to take skis this winter? The information on your web site is very confusing"
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've asked a similar question hoping I get the helpful Ragini, who may not know their own policy:

from their "self help" page

"Customers booking from 31 July for travel from 7 October 2009
If you want to check in an item of sporting equipment in addition to your free checked baggage allowance, you will be charged £40 per bag on longhaul or £35 on shorthaul flights. A discount is available if you pay for additional baggage online."
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm grateful I'm not trying to discover this information - sounds like a complete dogs dinner. Still, makes a change from people moaning about the low cost companies' extra charges.

Take a copy of Ragini's email with you, maybe?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So quiet times in the airline industry - usually takes BA a few days to respond so top marks for a <24 hour response.

Unfortunately Shifa hasn't provided the same get out of jail free card as the delightful Ragini for an identical question.

"Dear XXXXXX I appreciate that you have taken the time to write to us. When you fly with us you can take certain types of sporting equipment in addition to your normal checked baggage allowance. If your equipment bags meet the dimensions and weight restrictions, they may be carried free of charge until 7 October 2009. The changes to our sporting equipment policy will apply to bookings made from 31 July 2009, for customers travelling from 7 October 2009. More information can be found at: http://www.britishairways.com/travel/new-baggage-policy/public/en_ If you need any further clarification, please call your dedicated Service Centre where one of our agents will be able to assist you. Their telephone numbers, addresses and opening times can be found at:http://www.ba.com/servicecentres I hope this information is helpful. RegardsShifaBritish Airways Executive Club"

I interpret this as being an "I don't really know the answer but just to make sure I won't say so directly".
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob wrote:
I interpret this as being an "I don't really know the answer but just to make sure I won't say so directly".

Seems a clear answer to me (except he hasn't stated the new charge and mentioned short/long haul).
However, what distance defines short/long haul?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I really don't understand why people are asking for clarification (apart from perhaps a little wishful thinking Smile ).

To me, it is quite clear from their website.

If you are traveling on a non-premium service after 7th October, and did not book before the end of July, then your skis/board will be carried free only if that is the only checked in bag you have, and it is under 23Kg, and within the maximum sporting equipment dimensions.

If the skis are in a 2nd (or higher) bag, then you will pay £28 (each way) (£32 outside Europe) , provided they fit within the sporting equipment dimensions and the bag is under 23Kg, and provided you pay in advance.

If you are using one of their premium services, you get a second and sometimes a third bag included, so would only have to pay for the ski carriage if it made another bag above that.

I really can't see how the website can be read to mean anything else. (I have ignored the countries where you get a 2nd bag even on the basic service, because you are unlikely to be heading there for a ski trip).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:
"Dear XXXXXX ..... they may be carried free of charge until 7 October 2009.

"may be"? or may not? Why don't they say "will be carried free"?

I don't think it's clear rolling eyes .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maggi wrote:
fatbob wrote:
"Dear XXXXXX ..... they may be carried free of charge until 7 October 2009.

"may be"? or may not? Why don't they say "will be carried free"?

They are trying to use "proper English".

If they said "will be..." that could imply you have to take some, because they will be carried, whether you like it or not.

And while they could have said "can be..." thta is regarded as not quite "proper".

"may be" in that usage does not mean the same as "might be".
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alex_heney wrote:
I really don't understand why people are asking for clarification (apart from perhaps a little wishful thinking Smile ).

Nail/head/dynamic interface.

I thought it was clear but obviously the Response from Ragini piqued my interest so I thought I'd cahnce it to see if I could get similar leeway.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy