Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saint Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, i'm new to this forum.. so please be gentle Little Angel

Going to Saint Anton for 5 day's / 4 nights in Feb next year, going with 3 mates, looking for a hotel / B&B quite near the center of the town... any recomendations ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
windythered, Welcome.

You will struggle to find somewhere that only does 4 nights in St Anton. Most hotels/gasthofs will only do 7 night stays. I have in the past paid for 7 nights but only stayed for 5.

What's your budget and I'll make you some recommendations?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the quick reply.
Really we'd be looking at around 60€ - 80€ / night, however i guess i could persuade my mates to part with a little more Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
windythered, You should be able to get a decent b&b for that in a decent location. I'm paying €70 per night at Haus Angelika right at the foot of the slopes and beside the Galzigbahn and new Rendlbahn. Opposite is the ultra modern Pepis Ski Hotel - but you will pay around €100-110 per night. Hotel Sailer is beside that and cheaper at around €75 pppn - although I stayed there 2 years ago and probably would not go back - great location but stank of smoke as the ski instructors tended to meet there for beer and quick fag. I've also stayed at Talhof Nigg which is at the start of the pedestrian zone for around €55 pppn.
If you go on the St Anton website there is a good search function http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/st-anton/live-cam/2.html ALternatively try this website http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/
If you need any more help give me a shout
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks again boabski... I'll have a good look this evening.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
windythered, prepare to take LOTS of cash for lift passes, booze, rentals if required!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
windythered, A little more than your mates may wish to pay @£100 a night but they will do 4 nights!! www.flexiski.com Amalien Haus ,very central and chalet board so maybe better value than a B+B.I am going with a few mates in March for the first time and with a large group we have to get it organised early in the year.Its so frustrating that 99 % of the accomadation dont take bookings that far in advance.
I have the joy of organising the annual lads trip so over the years have built up a bank of places that will do 4 nights. Any other suggestions would be welcomed though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Supertravel do 4 night breaks in Chalet Rosanna but not within that budget
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are plenty B&Bs around the church nearb the Spar in the center of town that are about F30 a night, but they do tend to get booked up for a full week during the main parts of the season
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all of your suggestions, i have made a number of enquiries... now waiting for the replies.
One thing is for sure, 4 nights seems a no no... so re submitting my enquiries for 7 nights.
I've already had an offer from this place 'Garni Bacherhof' again has to be for 7 nights but at €44/night its not so bad, does anyone know how far away this place is from the centre ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops wrote:
There are plenty B&Bs around the church nearb the Spar in the center of town that are about F30 a night, but they do tend to get booked up for a full week during the main parts of the season

Rayscoops.. do you have some names ? Thanks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
windythered, I simply went on to the St Anton website, identified some B&Bs and sent them a message through the system. I stayed at Herr Grubber B&B which was Euros 35 a night for a single with continental breakfast in Dec 07.It was near the Police Station, quiet and maybe a 5 min walk to Galzig lifts. (view from window)

two places I have dealt with

haus.sepp.gruber@st-anton.at ..... 1st Dec 2007 ro 9th Dec 2007 ..... offer you 1 single room with shower for this periode The price is € 32,00 per night incl. breakfast and all taxes I am looking forward to hear from you kind regards Gruber Doris

info@hotel-murr.at from 5.4. till 1o.4. 2oo7 /departure day 2 single rooms with shower/WC at the rate of Euro 73,--per person and dayincl. breakfast buffet
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Book for 7 nights. Stay for 4. Flog the additional 3 nights here at cost and make some good friends!

Worst case, if the 3 nights are mid-week and no one can come, you'll lose that cost. But you may still be able to get something decent for 320 € (your max budget, ie 80x4), ie 7 nights at €45 / night.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
horizon, good thinking, I am sure you could shift 3 nights in Feb on here, sort of thing I go for when I am having a quick 'splash and dash' trip Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anton Hotel do apartments and will do 4 nights, if there are 8 of you check out their japanesew loft, tres cool.
latest report
Just booked an apartment through Sidney Reilly http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/ (Thanks boabski) really good deal and the place is right in the centre of town and really close to the ski lifts. Very Happy
Thanks again to everyone for their help and advice.
snow conditions
windythered, PS If you're going at end of Feb a) you might bump into us drunken layabouts and b) coincide with Sweedish holidays mmmmmmmmm Scando's wink
snow report
Yea we're going end of Feb, so i'm sure our paths will cross somewhere !!
This will my first time skiing in Austria, as apart from my first ever trip to Andora all thoses years ago i've always skied in France.
Must admit, i'm really looking forward this this trip and from what boabski has just mentioned... it's sounding better all the time Very Happy
ski holidays
windythered, Ski into Stuben and go to Berghaus Stuben for lunch. Make sure you head over to Lech at least once and have lunch in the Burg hotel in Oberlech or the Rudalpe on the way down to Lech. Goes without saying that from 3/3.30 onwards you need to get yourselves to the Mooserwirt or Krazy Kanguruh, or both. We always stop at the Griabli opposite the Mooserwirt first, for lashings of Kaiser bier Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy as it is IMO the best beer in the planet (plus sometimes some live music - sadly the CCJ's no longer play there Crying or Very sad ). Then ski down to village (usually with the warm glow of beer wink ) to Postkellar for Gunar (live music and rammed). Then get some food and head off to Funky Chicken (which also does very reasonable food) for some great apres. Thereafter who knows but we usually end up in Postkellar again (usually cause a few of the lads are staying in the Post Hotel). Wake up early doors and catch first lift and repeat daily until knackered

Enjoy. If you're anything like me you'll never look back - as until 2003 I had always skied France in the main

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 20-08-09 10:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
When in February ?

Fasching (Karneval) 2010 is the third week in February next year. All the kids are on holidays .
snow report
We're certainly going 27th Feb so hopefully we'll miss Fasching
snow report
Why only 4 nights? (Which 4 - I hope they are within one Sat-Sat period or you don't have a hope). Most hotels will only book outside the Sat- Sat format at the last moment if they have failed to sell the rooms for the full week, but places a bit further down the valley (using the free bus service and the same accommodation website) are cheaper and often more flexible.
Edit: Didn't notice you'd booked. Still interested why you would go for only 4 days - you'll only get to ski a fraction of the St Anton/ Stuben /Lech/ Zurs circus.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 20-08-09 13:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
windythered, hi mate

am looking to do something similar at the end of january - what did you end up paying?
snow report
boabski wrote:
We're certainly going 27th Feb so hopefully we'll miss Fasching

Hey boabski, looks like we'll defo be there the same time then... Sat 27th til Wed 3rd March and i'm sure the kids will be back at school then !
snow report
snowball wrote:
Why only 4 nights? (Which 4 - I hope they are within one Sat-Sat period or you don't have a hope). Most hotels will only book outside the Sat- Sat format at the last moment if they have failed to sell the rooms for the full week, but places a bit further down the valley (using the free bus service and the same accommodation website) are cheaper and often more flexible.
Edit: Didn't notice you'd booked. Still interested why you would go for only 4 days - you'll only get to ski a fraction of the St Anton/ Stuben /Lech/ Zurs circus.

Hi snowball, we are actully going for 5 days / 4 nights mainly because of work as some of my mates don't have the holidays Neutral
Also if i'm honest... i have to be back for March 4th as its the wife's birthday Embarassed
ski holidays
nick0861 wrote:
windythered, hi mate

am looking to do something similar at the end of january - what did you end up paying?

Hi mate, we ended up paying €1200 so not too bad as there is now 5 of us going so €240 each Very Happy
Also for an extra €10/day we can have breakfast and use the leisure facilities at the adjoining 4* hotel.
If your interested its this apartment. http://apartment2stanton.blogspot.com/
snow report
windythered, Cracking location for those appartments wink You can all buy me a beer at the Moos Very Happy
snow report
Hi all,

I just can't seem to figure out how to use this site and post a new thread but wanted to ask if anyone is planning to do a season in St Anton in 09/10? I'm looking at heading over for Feb-April and am looking into accommodation. I've found a pretty cheap single room (relatively speaking) but it would definitely be cheaper to get an apartment, so if anyone else out there is heading over let me know!

I'll be travelling on my own so am keen to meet people in any case.

cheers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kmkbeck wrote:
Hi all,

I just can't seem to figure out how to use this site and post a new thread but wanted to ask if anyone is planning to do a season in St Anton in 09/10? I'm looking at heading over for Feb-April and am looking into accommodation. I've found a pretty cheap single room (relatively speaking) but it would definitely be cheaper to get an apartment, so if anyone else out there is heading over let me know!

cheers

Either try the local tourist information office, or when you get there head to the MailBox in the middle of town, often has ads up for seasonnaires looking for people to fill beds or looking for accom.
snow conditions
Appros of nothing, and probably sounding like a pedant, but it is Sankt Anton, not Saint Anton.

...and you will realise there is nothing saintly about the place, if you spend a night or 2 with the "apres" crowd at Mooserwirt or Krazy Kangaruh. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Boabski, yov've surfaced again !!! Have you done anything about your lads week for the coming season. Went to St Anton for the season opener last November with my son and had a blast, skied over to Stuben for lunch and back via the Steissbachel - bad move - at the close of play, seemed liked a scene from Rollerball-the movie and freaked out my 13 yr old a we bit. Missed out on the pints in the Mooserwirt afterwards though. Was doing my instructor training earlier this year and my trainer told me how in his early days a favorite party piece of his was to drop his sallys while table-top dancing in the Krazy K- and this guys 50.
Yodel-eh-hee-hoo,
briand6868
snow conditions
briand6868, Ola. Booked up for 27th Feb for a week - staying at Haus Angelika at the Galzigbahn Very Happy Think we're at 7 so far, so should be a blast as usual. Think the key is to avoid Happy Valley after 2.30. We (my family and my brother in laws family) all skied from Stuben to Mooserwirt one day with my youngest at 5 managing it - although he was completely knackered by the time we hit the Moos. But some coke and apres ski music he was back to normal - although can't say the same for sister in law - drinking on empty stomach Laughing Laughing
snow report
Sitter wrote:
kmkbeck wrote:
Hi all,

cheers

Either try the local tourist information office, or when you get there head to the MailBox in the middle of town, often has ads up for seasonnaires looking for people to fill beds or looking for accom.

Thanks for the tip - is the mailbox the name of a cafe or something, or is it actually like.. a mailbox Smile
ski holidays
It's an internet cafe in the middle of town
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy