Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Down Hill Only Club needs more dosh

Poster: A snowHead
Hurtle wrote:
achilles, don't keep on, there's a good chap.

Ah. headache. OK, I'll stop. NehNeh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry, achilles, but these three look decidedly dodgy! Laughing

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That one on the right's Damon Hill with long hair isn't it!? Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
maggi, huh! you think they're odd?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

cant say I'm too upset.
That club needs to evolve, ski racing is dead, officially. I tried to join a members race as a snowboarder and got put firmly in my place in the great scheme of things.
Got a lot of time for the real old boys of the club though, they are cool.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonny luv plums wrote:

ski racing is dead, officially.

Try telling that to the hundreds of skiers who race every weekend all summer - and that's just those in the UK!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RobW wrote:
Jonny luv plums wrote:

ski racing is dead, officially.

Try telling that to the hundreds of skiers who race every weekend all summer - and that's just those in the UK!

Wow, I had no idea it was that many.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonny luv plums, what do the locals think of the DHO?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
haha. I'm not getting into that, it's not hard to figure out who i am.

my thing about evolve is simple. Ski racing is and always will be rubbish. If they included freestyle skiing in their program i guarantee their member numbers would go up in the younger people,which after all are the future of the club once all the old boys are out. That ski club from up north that came in winter had the right idea imo. A solid race program but an even stronger freestyle program imo. Some of that club were Olympic Freestyle potential.
even basi recognise the need to include more freestyle,kids find racing boring imo.
the "snowboarders i hate them" quote in my Sig comes from dho kids I've met.
Thats just wrong to have that mindset that young.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny luv plums, that makes very good sense, even if
Quote:

Ski racing is and always will be rubbish
is maybe a bit extreme.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny luv plums, The dry slope in Sheffield is much better suited to freestyle than racing, some of their kids come to Castleford to do race training. DHO is a bit different to most UK based clubs in that they employ race trainers who may not have trained with the club as kids, I guess they could employ freestyle coaches too if they wanted.

If you turned up to any ski race on a board you would be asked to go away, just as a skier would be at a snowboard race. Both motorbikes and cars race at Le Mans, they don't do it at the same time though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jonny luv plums wrote:
haha. I'm not getting into that, it's not hard to figure out who i am. ......

Just a lot. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf, That gentleman's more portly and rosy than the guy from the incidents. I was informed that mine was the president by another snowhead and I have only that information. It was the 08 MSB.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque wrote:
but I was called an "common oik"

discuss ! Again there is a whole thread of fame, on this one.

Ill be on your side if you make it worth my while.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nixmap, Masque maybe a common oik, but he's our common oik. If someone in the DHO called him that, it was quite out of order. It was admin's responsibility to let Masque know wink . And hands off. Cool
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Jonny luv plums, that makes very good sense, even if
Quote:

Ski racing is and always will be rubbish
is maybe a bit extreme.

yeah I know, what I mean is let's face it, no one will ever be at the top of the game when it comes to racing except for the elite few. I'll never be at the bottom of the game with freestyle but I have more fun at the bottom than the kids I see trying to get to the top of racing.
latest report
achilles wrote:
nixmap, Masque maybe a common oik, but he's our common oik. If someone in the DHO called him that, it was quite out of order. It was admin's responsibility to let Masque know wink . And hands off. Cool

I dont know what you think I was suggesting.... In such a thread, I would expect him to come out on top.
rest assured, I think he is quite capable of defending himself here.

After all this only a forum, it isnt a court of law.
snow conditions
nixmap wrote:
achilles wrote:

I dont know what you think I was suggesting.... In such a thread, I would expect him to come out on top.
rest assured, I think he is quite capable of defending himself here.

After all this only a forum, it isnt a court of law.

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
PJSki, But it is a Court Confused
latest report
Jonny luv plums,
Quote:

what I mean is let's face it, no one will ever be at the top of the game when it comes to racing except for the elite few. I'll never be at the bottom of the game with freestyle but I have more fun at the bottom than the kids I see trying to get to the top of racing.
Yes, I see that.
snow report
Jonny luv plums wrote:
the "snowboarders i hate them" quote in my Sig comes from dho kids I've met.
Thats just wrong to have that mindset that young.
Good lads! A perfectly natural state to inhabit. It takes years of hard-work and mental training to accept snowboarders as part of the human race... Shocked wink

As for ski racing - excellent fun. There does seem to be a vein of thought amongst freestylers and boarders that if it ain't freestyle, it ain't worth it... rolling eyes
snow conditions
I have a lot of fun at the bottom of the ski racing game. All that freestyle rubbish just looks a bit rubbish to me.

Different folks, different strokes and all that.
ski holidays
freestyle is keeping skiing going imo. So there NehNeh Laughing
ski holidays
Jonny luv plums, freestyle is still enjoyed by a minority, as is ski racing, the vast number of skiers are just holiday cruisers. They may aspire to freestyle, but let's face it, not many can actually do it!

Your comments in this thread are as bad as those narrow minded skiers who say they hate snowboarders!
ski holidays
holiday cruisers cant ski full stop.
snow report
Jonny luv plums, tell 'em that when they come into the shop! Laughing
ski holidays
Jonny luv plums wrote:

what I mean is let's face it, no one will ever be at the top of the game when it comes to racing except for the elite few.

By definition, you can say that about any sport.
snow conditions
Jonny luv plums, nor can you!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
riverman, hehe, bingo Very Happy Some would say I can't snowboard either going by my doctors bills.
I have to stop posting after I wake up in an arsey mood
snow conditions
beanie1, but I suspect that freestyle [and freeride] is a motivation/aspiration for more UK skiers and boarders than running gates. I have great respect for alpine ski racers - but I never see a DH or Slalom god and say "I wish I could do that". (GS possibly). I suspect many of skiers prefer the Ed & Graham show to the old ski-sunday. For many of us skiing is about something transcendent and uncountable/timeable/measurable.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 17-08-09 23:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Watching good skiers going through powder is far more inspiring to me than watching a down hill racer.
ski holidays
stoatsbrother wrote:
......For many of us skiing is about something transcendent and uncountable/timeable/measurable.

OK. So let's have the Haiku.
snow report
achilles wrote:

OK. So let's have the Haiku.

Speed is not my God
I glide serene in powder
Snow lifts up my soul

In order to fit the form I had to take a small liberty with my skiing ability. I have not yet mastered serene gliding, but I can do a lovely faceplant.

David
ski holidays
Winter feeds my soul
Feet may be bound or left free
There's only wax and me
ski holidays
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53090

For those members of the DHO who have so much dosh they don't know what to do with it, perhaps you could point the in the direction of the thread above, and raise cash for Disablity Snowsports, formerly the Uphill Ski Club,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy