Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

oakley glasses

Poster: A snowHead
looking for some oakley sunglasses that would suit a smaller face. preferably not metal framed. any ideas? have to be oakley though
thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jawbone.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
graeme, Metal Frame is a bad Idea for Skiing if that is the plan,
Radar's are pretty hot though and Durable.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ordhan, i said preferably not metal framed....lol

i found her a set of woman half jackets, thanks for the info though
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc, just bought my brother Jawbones (Livestrong ones) for his birthday. I don;t think they are nice... at all.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
arv, Shite its my brothers birthday on Monday Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
graeme, So sorry I am dyslexic as Sin and dont read to good, But I do have a pretty mouth Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oakley Glasses aren't what they used to be. They're now owned and run by Luxottica Group. They're just another brand name now.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haven't they always just been a brand name? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
arv, well the brand stood for excellent performance, ruggedness, and superb after sales service. Spyderman, are you saying that's not the case now?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not in my experience.
Half jackets, by the way.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles, The after sales is still good as is the product, but the cutting edge designs they were famous for has sadly diminished. I think that quality will also decline as new product is launched. I hope I'm proved wrong.

I've still got an original pair of T-Wires, which are still perfect. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bump rather than a new thread.

I've been looking at Oakleys recently and like the blood Straight Jacket. The standard lens is Black Iridium which I've read is excellent for very bright sunlight but not so good for less bright conditions or driving due to being a bit dark with a loss of contrast. I'm thinking of customising them with the Polarised VR28 Black Iridium lens which puts the price up from £100ish (or £85ish in some internet sites) to about £150. Madness or worth it?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Polarised lenses are not good for skiing.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sugardaddy wrote:

I've heard that with regards to making it difficult to seeing icy spots but any other reason? I only ski on piste and currently have a cheap pair of polarised glasses and so far I haven't experienced any difficulty.
snow conditions
graeme, the minute 2.0 are designed for smaller faces.

Jeraff, I went for the Gold Iridium lenses as a compromise. Had to customise to get the frames I want, but am happy with the glasses for both skiing and driving.
snow report
Had a look at the new Jawbones in a shop the other day. Seem awesome. I want I want! For the price you're effectively getting 2 sets of glasses. I've owned Splices for 7 years and they're still pretty much perfect and the Jawbones don't seem any less well made. In fact I think they feel better. The only advice I would give is choose wisely 'cos they last so bloody long it's hard to justify replacing them!
snow report
I'd say the Jawbones are exactly what you don't want for a smaller face.
snow conditions
Worth it. I paid nearly 300 smackeroos for my prescription ones [Ladies Minutes - forget the lens colour] and have spent a futher 15 on getting them repaired. They are the BEST sunglasses I have ever had. Wear them in the car for driving, for cycling and skiing. They really really keep the wind out, and as a regular speccy 4 eyes, you also don't get that annoying loss of peripheral vision with the way the frames are designed.

Spend the money if you really like them. You may not regret it.
ski holidays
The glasses of choice for US special forces. I have 3 frames (Snow,Jungle,Desert Camo) and a number of lenses they are incredible and really take some of the punishment that has been handed out to them over the years.

Cant go wrong with Oakleys
ski holidays
sugardaddy wrote:

I've always been told that polarised lenses are going to be much better at protecting your eyes than non and have always skied in polarised lenses - sunglasses and goggles..... should I be looking for a non-polarised pair for flatter light days? I still want to protect my eyes from too much glare when its really bright.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy