Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Single rooms in Ischgl?

Poster: A snowHead
Planning to do a lads week (well old fogeys week really) in Ischgl next Jan and wondered if anyone knew any decent hotels that offer single rooms?

Have stayed in the Solaria with the family before, but its rates are based on two sharing . Since none of my mates would want to share a room with someone who snores as loud as I do, single rooms are a must have.

Any suggestions?
snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this place www.fliana.at offered a single (along with some twins) when I enquired for a weekend in Dec, great location too.... surprising as most places in Ischgl will not take advance bookings for anything less than a week
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masmith, Thanks very much - place looks great, as you say - excellent location too. snowHead

Anyone ever stayed there?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Axsman, I haven't stayed there, but the location does look fab. I know you've been to Ischgl before, is the location as good as it looks in between those cable cars there? i.e. are they the main ones in Ischgl? Haven't a clue as never been.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
VolklAttivaS5, Yes they are the main two, there also the Silvrettabahn a bit further up. They are also near to all the bars and restaurants, and if you chose to ski down that's where you end up, so being close to them is about as good as it gets. snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice looking hotel.

With all the praise for Ischgl over the last couple of years it has gone to the top of my destinations to visit list.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Axsman, thanks, looks a good choice then. When are you thinking of going in January?

skisimon, yeah I'd like to go as well sometime.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Axsman, I know you're asking for a hotel, but jan before last I stayed in a single room in the privatzimmer chesa monte - very clean, friendly, reasonably priced ( by ischgl standards) & a great location, just at the end of the pedestrian zone & 5 mins walk fron the fimbabahn lift
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skisimon, do it, it's a fun place, and the skiing is good too. Laughing

VolklAttivaS5, Probably last week, to give it time to get some snow! snowHead

nickH, Thanks will bear it in mind. Cheers.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone got any flight recommendations for Innsbruck? Looking like Sleazyjet from Liverpool may be cheapest but if anyone knows of a good deal I'd be grateful to hear of it. we can go pretty much any day of the week? snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Axsman, Innsbruck best but I've just booked Ryanair to Memmingem (from Edinburgh) - c 200km away
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Axsman, don't rule out Zurich. Swiss fro Man or LHR or easyJ from Luton. About 2.5 hr drive to Ischgl
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Axsman wrote:
masmith, Thanks very much - place looks great, as you say - excellent location too. snowHead

Anyone ever stayed there?

I've stayed there before in an absolutely massive double room. Brilliant accommodation, great location and really friendly staff. You really can't go wrong.

A picture of the double room. Hang on, need another photo to fit it all in.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Unfortunately all their single rooms are booked for the week we want Sad

Have asked for alternative weeks, but looks like its back to the search. ho hum.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Axsman, If you do go to Ischgl consider Birmingham to Munich with Lufthansa. You should get a flight for about £100 with 20kg luggage allowance plus free ski carriage. Its about a 230 km drive or a three hour train journey to Landeck. If you go by train Deutsche Bahn offer a large discount providing you are booking for 5 or more.
snow conditions
Axsman, looking at the prices singles are the same price as doubles at 91 euro in January
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, Yes but I believe that's each person. (ie if you weant a double to yourself then it's 2 X 91 Euro).

Corky, "Its about a 230 km drive or a three hour train journey to Landeck" - Feck that for a game of soldiers! I'll take the 90 minute Innsbruck connection thanks!
latest report
Axsman, NehNeh But I thought a holiday was as much about the journey as the arrival. Laughing
snow conditions
Corky, No that's life. A holiday is about getting there as quick as possible so as to maximise slope and bar time Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy