Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why are Race Skis getting longer??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
p.s. CEM, any chance you could spend a little time tweaking my boots, how much would it cost?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dulcamara, not a problem, all depends on what needs doing as to the cost, is it punching/grinding or alignment set up, footbeds etc
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would have thought it would be primarily aligning and tightening in places. basically its my first pair of freeride boots and I want them as close to race boots as possible (Garmont Shaman 130s). Also have a niggling pressure pain just behind the ball of my foot, any ideas for a quick fix?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dulcamara, the pain behind the ball of the foot (assuming it is under the foot) is most likely the footbed or lack of pressing where it shouldn't..... always difficult to diagnose these ones over the net, probably needs a bit of remoulding or replacement....on the alignment note there are various ways to look at this, Andi form Alpine McCannix will be in on thursday the 27th and sat the 29th of this month if you want to go through the whole SBS alignment process, cost wise that process is around £80 give or take £5, it uses internal shims in the boot and is useful if you are looking to take up a little space in the boot

i am out the office for the day but if you want to book on to either of those days then best to give me a call on 01869 244424
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sounds perfect, i see you now have an external canting planing type thingy... that a new addition?

No rush to be honest dont worry about the booking, will call the shop when I find out how much I have left after these skis. which I can't believe are taking me so long to decide on!!! people have far too many answers and I'm far too impressionable i think!!

Maybe someone would like to just give me a pair out of the kindness of their heart and I can lay this one to rest???
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dulcamara, yep the planer is a new addition, depends on the boot and the skier as to if we use it solid sole boot is a most or you end up with all sorts of problems

free skis Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing let me know if you get anywhere wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll have to keep that in mind if i change my boots. These have removable soft'ish soles that sometimes dont like fitting into my bindings... fun stuff!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dulcamara, have you looked at Blizzard skis? i have very little experience with race skis but have skied a lot on Fischer RC4SL's over the last year, as they ran out of edge i bought some Blizzard race stock skis and really love em. they seem to be much bouncier and lively. FYI i am a fat bstard at 100kg...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Perfectly timed there, was just looking at pictures of a pair of Blizzard GS skis, very tempted. Anyone able to tip the balance between Rossi and Blizzard Factory skis?? i have always known the blizzards to be a little more easily Accessible (this may just be because I work in Austria) does this mean they might be a little softer?

Also would anyone be able shed some more light on the ski stiffness rating systems for different factory skis, when I had my old Dynastars and Rossis I just told them my weight and they gave me something to slide around on... If i'm going to be the greatest British ski instructor of all time I should really know what they all mean..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dulcamara, are you eurotest training?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I will be this season... right now I am trying to remember how to bend stiff skis again and learning for my Landeslehrer (i.e. hardcore german training). I am open to any skiing tips, technique books and/or names to bribe/sleep with.

seriously I am really keen to learn anything i can about this sport!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dulcamara, cool ... there is lots of info here on snwoheads. i would just have a look at the bend the knees section previous posts for what strikes your fancy.. good luck with the training
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy