Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere (Snowhead influence on booking)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and family Frosty are off to La Rosiere on 27th March for a week. The main the reason we chose La Rosiere (even despite david@traxvax constant slagging off wink ) was because of all the positive comments given to the resort by various posters . Wondered if anyone else had been similarly influenced to go there, or any other resort by this board.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My feelings about Milton Keynes have certainly been transformed since I've been a snowHead.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Since I joined snowHeads I have been feeling this strange pull toward a mysterious place somewhere in Switzerland.

Begins with W?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, I had already booked to go to La Rosiere before stumbling over snowheads in the rec.skiing.resorts.europe newsgroup. As you know, from another topic, I shall be going in a weeks time, I will post a trip report when we get back.

CP
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty, Damn, failed again.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went to La Rosiere because it is the second nearest resort to Bourg St Maurice (about 5 miles to the lowest chairlift). I wen to Bourg because it is approximately the centre position for reaching out the 1600km piste in Tarentaise. I went to Tarentaise because it is the biggest in the world.

La Rosiere is one of the few resorts that you can ski two countries at the same time. Some black slopes are short and easy. La Rosiere 1800 is a paradise for beginners/intermediate skiers and good for families. The San Bernado run (Italian side) is one of the longest around. Food is always good and reasonable. Therefore La Rosiere does have some unique features.

The local Snowheads are icing on the cake.

One has to be mindful that La Rosiere+La Thuile has only 140km piste. Places like Tignes/Val D has 300km, Paradiski (Les Arcs+La Plagnes) has 425km and 3Vallees has 600km, all within a radius of 30miles from La Rosiere inside the Tarantaise valley.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
saikee, over 150 kms now, it's growing and some of the best off piste anywhere. No surprise that the world extreme ski champion, Manu Gaidet is a tarin.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Every trip I'm making this year(4wks total)is snowHeads inspired/influenced.Was in Les deux Alpes in Jan,and skied with easiski.Mid March were off to BSM and 2wks with the venerable PG.2wks later I'm back with PG for the bash snowHead And I wouldn't choose to have it any other way.Whilst we all look around for deals on transport,kit etc;the real info lies within this site.You want to check out the latest ski's,tour operator scams,the name of the bar at the end of ??? chair lift(and the quality of the beer)someone on here will know.You've tried the rest;you're looking at the best snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowskisnow, Careful about called PG "venerable" I have a feeling he might be younger than either you or I. Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski,I quote the Oxford Dictionary & Thesaurus(1977ed) Venerable-one entitled to deep respect on account of age/character or knowledge.
Further;To Venerate- regard with deep respect(now also construed as honour,esteem,idolize,hero-worship etc Shocked )I think even PG might say thats taking it too far wink Lets just say I like the man and respect his opinion;as indeed I do yours Blush
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went to la Rosiere last year because of David@traxvax. I partly chose Hinterglemm for last Christmas because of advice from snowHeads, specially hayleyt, and I'm going to PGs for the Bash definitely because of snowHeads! And it's snowHeads that has persuaded one of my bestest friends to come over all the way from Buffalo to join the Bash - it's years since we've skiied together, so thank you snowHeads.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Went to BSM at Xmas based on stuff I'd read on snowHeads....David@traxvax recommended the hotel we stayed in - good advice too - and we popped up to La Ros for the day. We went to Brides les Bains after Easiski gave it her blessing and our planned trip to Serre Che in March was influenced by Helen Beaumont.

Almost everything we've booked since snowHeads was born (holidays, ski schools etc) has been influenced one way or another by things I've read here or answers to questions I've posted. Mr HH has even started fixing up our skis based on info I've got from here....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy