Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nendaz

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows about Nendaz - looking at it as a possible location for this year - we are looking for good off piste and good skiing for 2-3 weekers. The group splits roughly half and half and we tend to try and ski together in the afternoon. Any thoughts, brilliant inspiration or the odd rant or two would be fully welcomed.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Links to Verbier etc. What else do you need Smile
The skiing in Nendaz itself is good, excellent for kids.
The connection coming back from Verbier involves a steep itinery run, not for the fainthearted! However there is a cable car which takes you over that if it is not your thing.
Getting to Verbier is often better done by getting the shuttle bus to Siviez where the Verbier (and other 4 Valley) links are excellent.
Lots of Dutch in Nendaz.

It is good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This resort is so fantastic that I purchased an apartment there!!!!! (so I am clearly biased).

Very easy access from GVA, reasonably good selection of places to eat, 2 large supermarkets, a few good bars ( - not that many options but therefore the Apres is pretty concentrated in a few places...) and most importantly AMAZING skiing.

It is true that the links across the 4-vallees could be better, but there are almost never any queues on any of the lifts in Nendaz, Siviez, Veysonnaz, Les Collons which IMHO does mitigate some of the pain of getting between ski areas.

While Verbier is oftentimes the main direction people ski in (and with good reason), there is also some virtually empty and great runs on the Veysonnaz/Les Collons side too - get across to the Piste De L'Ours in Veysonnaz which is great fun.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Guys,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I must say it looks like it ticks most of the boxes - just a couple of questions if I may -

The main negative is the link to the rest of the 4 valleys I am thinking, does this make it hard to link up at lunch time if some are in school or different classes?

Is it more likely to that most of the time you get the ski bus to the other links in the morning/afternoon?

What are the ski schools like - we will have a mixed group, so we are looking for off-piste guiding teaching and 2-3 weekers too?

Any Chalet recommendations - Gary you place looks lovely, but we are between 8-10 so I think it might be a bit of a squeeze!

Is there good rentals available as we will be going skiless?

Hmm,

I think that's about it, I had better stop or more questions will come to mind! Thanks very much for the info so far.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Best place to link up lunchtime is Siviez. Easy Red then blue down from Plan de fou. Good mixed skiing around Siviez then either the link back or the shuttle. Both can get quite busy at Christmas & half term but no more than other resorts. Neige Aventure ski school is very good with an international mix of english speaking instructors also Mountain Magique are very good but a lot smaller but do lots of off piste.

Try Chalet Christy it's very central and owner is an instructor and gets discount off ski rental.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Meeting for lunch will depend on what each group does - if the more advanced members want to cover the entire 4-vallees, then meeting for lunch may not always be possible but if the whole group wants to meet in Siviez at lunchtime (or, as we do, in the Teepee Bar on the slopes at say 3.30 etc) then that is perfectly do-able...

The shuttle from Siviez can get busy at end of the day; we sometimes drive through from Nendaz to Siviez in the morning (free parking etc) so we can drive back without queueing for the bus. The drive from Nendaz to Siviez takes about 15/20 mins and is easy.

If you are after a catered option then Charlet Christy is lovely and well located (right next door to my apartment Very Happy ). It is however quite expensive... For self-catering options have a look on holiday-rentals or one of those type of sites for some very nice S/C options. One tip - try find something near the Tracout telecabin - Nendaz has sprawled over the past few years so some of the new build - while stunning inside, are quite far from anything else.

All the ski schools in Nendaz are good and the hire equipement is of a very high standard (I have a discount code you can use if you don't get one elsewhere...).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Again,

Thanks very much, definitely great help. Looks most likely that we will end up heading here. Am getting most excited - just have to wait until March!! Grr - We will probably go for the s/c option, as we have some great chefs with us and it should safe a bit of cash as well, but I'll have a look at the Mr/Misses Chirsty's place.

Thanks for the heads up on where abouts in the town to look for accomidation. Can be very hard to tell on the maps. Definitely want to avoid long treks in boots after a day's skiing, or more precisely want to avoid the grumpiness caused by said long walks.

I;ll have a look at the schools, Mountain Magique sounds exactly what we are looking for. Cheers for the help, oh and I might easily grab that code off you. Thanks again
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dublinfella, Interhome have a lot of accommodation there, varying sized apartments, reasonably priced. I seriously considered Nendaz for last half term and next. Came 2nd each time though, main thing that put me off was potentially having to use crowded buses at that very busy period. Search the site on Nendaz and you will find many threads and lots more advice.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interhomes does have loads of accomodation but is about 25% more expensive then booking direct with owners via holiday-rentals, owners-direct etc...

Bus does certainly get crowded at end of day from Siviez to Nendaz (1 large bus every 30mins). If you are prepared to take the Plan du Fou cable-car down from the top and then ski the (easy) black to the Prarion lift, you can then ski all the way from the top of Tracout back.... Laughing Have a look at piste map for the area - it will all make sense...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
1556garyt, Yes I'm sure they are a bit dearer, in some cases much more, in other cases just a little (I also get 10% off with them). I'm usually looking for a very small studio just for 2 and I can usually find one with them.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah,

I was looking at that as a nice looking ski, not sure who the beginners will like it though. Never good when there's tears on the slopes! Hopefully though, seen as we will be there out of high period there shouldn't be such a crush. Sure tis a good excuse to end up staying up the mountain for an extra cheeky half or so.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The black that 1556garyt is certainly as easy a black as you will find anywhere. Not a black at all really. If you can ski, don't be afraid of it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hmm,

Will have to pursaude some of the others to be colour blind, otherwise I don't want to responsible for splitting up true love, through tamtrums and tears on the piste!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dublinfella, Take them where you want to! Dont be afraid of tantrums and tears, sure aren't you guys used to tears at "croker" wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dublinfella, You haven't mentioned your budget but take a look at http://vansamis.co.uk/
ski holidays
Roy Hockley, Laughing after what your boys did to them not surprised although they beat us (Kildare) on the way there so I'm not gonna say too much about that. Dublinfella, I'll be in the 4 Valleys for the season so hope we can meet up for a few runs. I'll be based in Le Chable.
ski holidays
Colin B wrote:
Dublinfella, Interhome have a lot of accommodation there, varying sized apartments, reasonably priced. I seriously considered Nendaz for last half term and next. Came 2nd each time though, main thing that put me off was potentially having to use crowded buses at that very busy period. Search the site on Nendaz and you will find many threads and lots more advice.

I was there a couple of seasons ago at half term and fortunately had a car, so we sailed past the queues on the way back to Nendaz, but they did look horrendous. It was very civilised in the car with free parking at Siviez, and when we got there just before the lifts opened, the car park was virtually empty.

The reason we drove to Siviez every day except the first day was due to the route back to Nendaz not being great due to the snow conditions. We did it the first day and being pretty experienced skiers had no real problems with the route, but the itinerie run is not for beginners, so take the cable car down.

The real problem with the route back is that they aren't allowed to use snow cannons in that area due to environmental reasons. The day we did it some of the route was very bare but just doable. I wouldn't have liked to do it for the rest of the week though.

The real advantage for us with the car was that by getting the first lift up from Siviez we would be skiing the slopes above Verbier quicker than those staying in Verbier itself.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the stay in Nendaz and would certainly consider it again as a cheap way of skiing the Verbier area.

It's not a great place for night life compared to Verbier but if you just want a few beers and are self catering, then that's not a problem. We also found some reasonable restaurants in the resort.
ski holidays
geepee, My suspicions confirmed, I'll save Nendaz then for a year when I drive rather than travel by plane/train. If it was 2007 you were there conditions were pretty poor everywhere which maybe explains the lack of snow. I think I will make it one half term though, it seems a really good value resort accessing excellent terrain.
snow conditions
Colin B wrote:
geepee, it seems a really good value resort accessing excellent terrain.

A very good summary and a favourite area of mine, I've been four times to the 4 valleys and was probably my favourite area till I discovered Zermatt. Definitely worth a half term visit with a car.
snow conditions
RPF, with all the spluttering we had up to that point, I didn't think we would do it!! You are basing yourself in La Chable, that is where our (kerry first, Irish second) skier Thos Foley is based! No doubt if you introduce yourself to him he will show you around. I ski with his uncle every year but we have not gone to Verbier with the lads group!
snow conditions
Roy Hockley, If only we had tears adn tantrums - at least that would have meant we put up a fight! To be honest, we knew the joy it would bring the rest of the country, so we were just doing our patriotic duty in this difficult times. Time to start looking to put it to a vote and see how we get on - too much democracy in the world says I.
snow conditions
Cheers Roy Hockley, I'l look him up so. Little Angel
snow report
Dublinfella, "Patriotic duty" Puzzled Now where have I heard that before!!!!! wink

Too much democracy? You should come and live here in Ireland wink

RPF, I will try and find out where he is working!
ski holidays
Dublinfella wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows about Nendaz

OK for lunch I guess, if you like chicken with a choice of covering, fries and sweetcorn. Their beer, Sagres, is quite nice.......

......Taxi Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy