Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snow Media zone news

Poster: A snowHead
Happy Birthday everyone and thanks to you all for your efforts and support over the past year snowHead

Many people have requested / suggested that it would be nice to have a single place where we can post piccies and stuff - our very own snow show Very Happy

Well, it is our birthday so there ought be presents.
Hence, we present to us, the snowheads snowMedia zone

You are all welcome to make use of this facility. Tips and hints for doing so will evolve as we go but just for starters please note the following:

Use of the "Album Admin" tag (top left of Home page) will, as an example, enable U to create a specific Album (e.g. "Tignes 2004") which can be located in the "trips and resorts" category in addition to being one of your personal galleries (eg see my Switzerland photos). This makes things a bit tidier and stops multiple pics appearing in the main category views.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 16-11-07 20:54; edited 10 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In order to avoid unnecessary "clutter" I have tidied this thread by moving the "old posts" elsewhere. The intention is to post only announcements and news (and apologies if and when required rolling eyes ) re the media zone here in order to keep folk up to date. Any queries, suggestions, problems or other comments regarding the mediazone can be posted in this thread.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have created a new category in the snowMedia zone called "champagne powder". Anyone interested can upload pics or nominate others to be included there (We have copied brian's Matterhorn into it to kick it off). These pics can be rated, if you are the competitive sort Laughing. If a sufficient number of high (aesthetic) quality pics are posted, we could have enough for a calendar - although the file size in the media zone is restricted, we have a facility to upload and download much larger files if need arises, so higher res pics in small numbers will not be a problem. Even if a calendar does not materialise, it would be great to have a high quality photo "competition" area.

Photos in the champagne category will be "judged" by the ratings they receive, so perhaps potential uploaders could consider some discretion and constructive self-critique before they post wink (NB - uploading to any category does not preclude "copying" to any number of other categories as you know).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A slight "hiccup" appears to have lost 8 pics from a member's album called "PSB at LDA" Embarassed Could whoever created the album (easiski perhaps?) have a look to see if the "missing" pics are in any other categories and, if so, re-link them to the above, or, if they're not, please re-upload them?

Many apologies.... Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Further to Dave Burt's question in another thread, just a reminder that you can upload a zip file of, say, multiple jpg's and the zone will unzip them at the "Process" stage wink snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The mediaZone server appears to be down, sorry for any inconvenience Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have just run an "Upgrade" on the mediaZone which has resulted in all existing users being unable to login rolling eyes

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

this is being investigated and I hope to restore normal service asap .......
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OK looks like it's fixed now Eh oh!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Now that it's working again Toofy Grin you may notice a new option when viewing pics - the "Linked Thumbnail" string. Using this gives you just what it says, like this

click on the thumbnail to open the original

IE users will see a handy "Copy to Clipboard" button; others will have to select and copy.

Also, you now have the option when uploading to disable comments and/or ratings on a per pic basis.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
someone's left some nasty graffiti on that mountain: I hope it wasn't u.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No, it was i Laughing

The "upgrade" is still a little buggy so apologies for any glitches encountered, they're being fixed as they're found Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In case anyone else asks wink the "Search" option doesn't work if you enter only the "Username" , some other fields have to be filled in as well. Even then it doesn't seem 100%. This is being looked at rolling eyes

Some of you may find the new options under "Profile" of interest.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Search function appears to be working now, however please note that it is advisable to enter a date range wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A few more tweaks and now the search function does not require a date range input Smile

As noted elsewhere an RSS feed is available if that's of interest.

As part of a general "tidying up" we've made the disc quota the same 50Mb for super and mega snowHeads, snowHeads remain at 35Mb and others 30Mb. As changing these requires "manual intervention" if any snowHeads/supers/megas have not been allocated the appropriate quota could they please PM me and I'll adjust as necessary.

Thanks for your patience.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think that someone is trying to upload a pic using the "mobile" facility but it is crashing the script each time. If this is the case maybe U are using a mobile phone multimedia send which the system is choking on? If U are reading this please try sending the pic by email to mobile@snowmediazone.com (having registered with the mobile page) using your normal registered email address.
snow report
Another couple of tips for snowMedia users (if you haven't sussed it already) -

1) Clicking on the yellow "snowHeads community galleries" heading will expand the index page to include sub-categories

comme ça

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/index.php/cat/1

2) If you wish to download pics add them to "My Favorites" (apologies for non-UK spelling rolling eyes ). Then you will have an option to download them as a zip file.
latest report
Not many using the "assigned albums" feature I notice. Up to you of course but it's a handy way to keep all of your pics together in "bash" categories for example snowHead
snow report
I have been informed this evening that the mediaZone server is due to be "migrated" between 22 and 24 October. With luck this should not cause any problems rolling eyes However, I have also been informed this evening that I have to travel to Turkey tomorrow morning and I do not expect to have internet access where I'm going. So apologies in advance if any problems arise and a warning that it will be futile to raise any issues here until such time as I have internet access again. Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy