Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milan(Bergamo) to Morzine & Portes du Soleil

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at next years lads trip, how far of a drive is milan to Morzine & Portes du Soleil, is it a daft drive or not we don't mind anything up to about 4 hrs.

Jase snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JasonW, via michelin says 4 hrs. Cant you get a cheap flight to Geneva from "up North"!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JasonW, don't forget to add on the appropriate tunnel and motorway toll fees when you compare prices.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes but ryanair(i know not liked on here) had a sale on the other week £2 return incl taxes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JasonW, If your doing Bergamo you might as well ski in Italy, its a lot closer Merano (Italian Tirol) is about two and a half hours, I'm sure there will be lots of Snowheads on to tell you how much cheaper it is in Italy, can't say as I haven't been and with lots of resort recommendations
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
radar, cheers open to offers,tips and advice
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JasonW, Good point on the tolls the Mont Blanc tunnel is €45 return
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JasonW, Do the Portes du Soleil from Geneva! As someone else has said do the boys trip to Italy, Livelier and cheaper.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JasonW, I have no objections to flying Ryanair if I have to. Do somewhere on the right side of Mont Blanc instead, or get a flight to somewhere nearer.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roy Hockley, cheers, will do Italy I think
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have driven to Serre Chevalier from Bergamo, so Milky Way is doable too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are looking for somewhere dif after 4 years of Soldeu
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JasonW, http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Bergamo.html will give you an idea of resorts and driving distances
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JasonW wrote:
Roy Hockley, cheers, will do Italy I think

Yes.

Almost anywhere in the Dolomites is within 3-4 hours from Bergamo.

The Western Dolomites will be easier than the Eastern (Dolomiti Superski) area, but that still gives you plenty of choice.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How about Montgenevre, it's about 2 and a half hours from Milan and a great resort. Linked to Claviere and skiiable to the whole of the Milky Way.

Liz
ski holidays
JasonW wrote:
We are looking for somewhere dif after 4 years of Soldeu

That clarifies what you're after! wink If you don't mind a drive, Livigno is about 4 hours from Bergamo and used to be a duty free town (doubtless other snowHead s can confirm if this is still the case). My lads trip there (albeit in the late 80s) featured Mr Southern Comfort for £2 a bottle and Mr Blue-label Smirnoff for £3 a bottle.
snow conditions
Livigno is great ...... for a boozy week.

Alas it is IMO a poor resort!
ski holidays
hi JasonW, shoudn't you be asking the missus where she'll let you go!!! wink

as already suggested there are lots of good places in Italy which are quicker/easier/cheaper to get to the the PDS

you could consider driving up the Aosta valley and skiing La Thulie and/or Courmayeur or go to Cervinia which would also allow access to the slopes of Zermatt
ski holidays
not flying from manchester i hope
snow report
We have done Madonna Di Campiglio and also Madesimo out of Bergamo and would well recommend both, M D C being the prettier but more expensive resort. Both have good skiing. And Bormio too come to think of it.
snow conditions
chrisb, no pal liverpool wink
snow report
JasonW,
We did La Thuile one year from Bergamo, great ski area and reasonably priced, didn't look good for nightlife though.
ski holidays
did livigno from bergamo lovely scenic trip, doing Turin to Montgenevre this year on package flight
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy