Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Training for BASI Alpine Development Coach L1 & L2 awards

Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret, couldn't have done the March date, but both April dates are fine at present (summer race leagues often start that weekend, but I can probably afford to miss a SRSA race this year)) - interested in the L2 prep.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK we are all set.... Heard from Ross and we are good to go for the weekend of the 24th/25th april.

I will get an email list together so we can pick which date works best. PSG will be emailing all the instructors at Hemel regarding this course and if there is enough interest we can run both days and have seperate L1 and L2 days but if not will run together if 10 or less.

anyone interested please go to http://insideoutskiing.com/prodevbooking.html state preferred day and whether training for L1 or L2 award plus any qualifications you currently hold.

I will be notifying Hemel and MK race team membership but any dry slope club contacts would be warmly welcomed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lots of interest for this training so will are just about to confirm the following dates:

Saturday 24th April for Level 1 training
Sunday 25th April for Level 2 training

If you want to attend probably best to book a place sooner rather than later as we might be full on both days.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
as rob says this is booking up fast we now have 5 places available for the saturday L1 and only 3 left for the L2, we just mail shot all the instructors at hemel so these could go quick
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just a bump to say the L2 course has one place left and the L1 3 left. we will be closing bookings soon so if interested please do soon Blush
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sunday now full but we can take reserve places if someone has to drop out.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Level 2 course on Sunday 25th is full, and the Level 1 course on Saturday 24th has one place left.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Both courses are now full. If anyone is interested in this training please email via our website so we can let you know if we have any cancellations or to be informed of additional dates for this training.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we just had one cancellation for the L1 course so one last spot is available...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hi all, just a quick update. both courses are full and we will be running another L1 course early summer, dates to be advised.

for those booked on these courses i will be sending out an email soon but...

Helmets are mandatory for both courses but no need for chin guards, shin pads etc. If you dont have a helmet the Snow centre has them available free of charge
Slalom (or small side cut radius) skis would be a good idea but not essential. i personally wouldnt use all mountain, twin tips or GS skis but if that is what you got no worries.

On the L2 course we will be renting a lane and setting brush courses, and doing the wigwam drills that some found tough in previous courses, please arrive fit and healthy wink

Some news from BASI is that from September the Coaching courses will be changed. The L1 will stay the same but the L2 will become more focused on assessing coaching skills as opposed to personal performance.... The L3 course has been revamped and again is more coaching skills focused, has a new 200 hour coaching hours requirement before getting the rating and the Eurotest requirement has been dropped but you must now hold an L3 ISIA instructor and that assures them of your personal performance standard.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just completed the 2nd day of this training. Yesterday was for people who were thinking of doing the L1 Coach course, and today was for those preparing for L2 coach. Both days went extremely well, with some great coaching from Ross Green and some incredibly challenging skiing. I had a massive blow out on one run (carved turns in soft snow on one ski) which is going to hurt tomorrow Embarassed Lots of tough drills including cloudbursts, horsetwists, tictacs, short-swing charlestons, whitepass, wigwams, all sorts of weird poleplant stuff and lots more. We hope to run some more courses along similar lines if there's any interest from people who want to coach kids at their local ski club.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great day today and thanks Rob for the reminder of what we did, terrible memory and too knackered now to remember but well worth it Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great day - but I'm now really quite knackered. Many thanks to Ross and the InsideOut Boys Wink . Started the day pretty healthy, but....erm.....like Rob, pushed the boat out a little far on the one-foot stuff (trying to do it with no poles, hands on head) and attempting to stop proved just as problematic as I was worried about and ended up in a back somersault that seems to have brought my sciatica back with a vengeance Sad . It was also good to hear about the L2 course changes coming up, which also sound really good. Much more positive about this now than I was before - assuming I can walk tomorrow Laughing

BTW, which one was the horsetwist?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GrahamN wrote:
BTW, which one was the horsetwist?

It was the one before the cloudburst. Rotate skis so you drift into the turn, then lock on to edges and carve out.

One ski, no poles, hands on head was always going to end badly Wink But all credit for getting to the bottom of the slope before finally losing it Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Excellent day - packed with lots of challenging drills, lots to think about, and things to go away and work on. Great fun too! Thanks to Scott, Rob and last but not least Ross, who was on form as usual!
snow conditions
A very intense weekend, the L2 day was particularly demanding as the pressure was on by Ross to perform well, with some shall we say "inventive" high end drills that were quite tough Shocked

a great weekend of training though and Rob and I are thinking of perhaps running some performance clinics aimed at current and aspirant instructors, any interest in this?

a few piccys

Ross explaining to the L1 group how coaching really works!

Feedback to the ex racers
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:

a great weekend of training though and Rob and I are thinking of perhaps running some performance clinics aimed at current and aspirant instructors, any interest in this?

skimottaret, I would definitely be interested in these types of clinics
ski holidays
Touchguru wrote:
skimottaret wrote:

skimottaret, I would definitely be interested in these types of clinics

x2
latest report
Hi all,

We are going to start running some Performance Clinics aimed at Level 8 and higher skiers and for those who are interested in training for Coach or Instructor courses.

They will be more intensive and individual than our monthly clinics and will be 4 people per coach max. 2 x 90 minute sessions on the hill with video review in between.

Not sure if afternoons or evenings work best. We had run a few evening sessions but at 3 1/2 hours most were pretty knackered for work the next day and or struggled to get to hemel in time so we are thinking Monday afternoons 1:30 -5:00 with a 5 hour lift pass 1-6 so you can warm up before and practice after wards.

proposed dates 14 june, 12 july, 16 aug, 17 sept, 11 oct, 22 nov, 20 dec.

what do you think?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy