Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A new pair of Rossignol skis to teach on ?

Poster: A snowHead
But which pair.

Radical - 9S or 9X - Should I worry too much about radius and rules?

Or ease back - be sensible Zenith.

Any opinions.

Yes there are other makes, but these are the ones on offer at the moment and a cheap deal cannot be overlooked can it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends where you're teaching. S7 maybe wink ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
9X Oversize, unless you were happier on something a bit more floppy in which case the Zeniths are a good price.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, Shocked Subsea?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, 9X Oversize is at the top of the list.
Just wondered if they are too much for all day every day
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dek, where will you be teaching, and what range of skiers?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dek,
Quote:
too much for all day every day
Puzzled

Why would they be? Personally, although I'm no teacher I'd probably go for the 9S as they'll be a tad more agile...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dek, it depends on your build, but I'd go for the 9X OS they'll give you more float in the variable (80cm underfoot as opposed to 70cm). I, certainly, need the additional (errrrr) "help" Confused
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

80cm underfoot

FlyingStantoni, that sure is wide wink NehNeh
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, Not sure yet. Will probably do more learning to teach than teaching.

under a new name, I have an older pair of 9S Oversize - and yes I agree, they are agile - although they were quite a heavy ski.

I am also aware of radius rules.

Think I need underfoot support to, being big boned and all that. Oh yeah muscle is heavy as well isnt it? Razz
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dek, the last I heard was that the radius rule was more of a guideline! The new BASI course directory makes no mention of rules about ski radius (other than the Alpine Development Coach L2 course, where you need a GS ski).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FlyingStantoni, aye, you may have a point there.

Dek, not trying to be cheeky, but how can you tell skis are heavy when they're on your feet? Twisted Evil
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name, Yep fair point. when they are on the feet, they are just a pair of skis - and maybe a bit of weight at that point is a good thing...............
but I do know that carrying them from one end of the airport to the other they felt like lead weights. My son did christen them stone skis. Although my cunning plan was, tell him he can ski on them, get him to carry them, then change my mind at the last moment as I clipped into them and ski off in front of him.

So I suppose more gym time would help.

Think the 9x OS will win the battle, I do have some slalom skis for playing on so dont need anymore "agile" skis.

Suppose all I have to do now is decide on the length.

Next debate.....................

6ft 90Kgs by the way
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What level are you teaching?

For beginners/intermdiates, you should be able to teach on anything that comes to hand. Afterall, the skiing you are doing is hardly demanding.

If you are into coaching racers or freestylers, then clearly you need a ski that works well in these conditions - or else you are making life very hard for yourself.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, the NEW course directory??? Very Happy The rules have changed?
Dek, I can do a wicked snowplough on 9S WC Very Happy
snow report
Dunk, If you do them on those skis, they are called racing wedge turns wink

Whats the new directory say?
ski holidays
RPF wrote:
Quote:

80cm underfoot

FlyingStantoni, that sure is wide wink NehNeh

Now, now RPF - let's not start that discussion Laughing
latest report
FlyingStantoni, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Dek, don't worry about what you're teaching on, just buy whatever you like skiing on. The only thing to think about is not to worry when beginners ski all over them!
ski holidays
Dek, In case you are not aware I am only a newly Red Run confident skier, but I have skied the 9X OS on a short break to VT last year. My skiing friend took the 9S We both had huge fun on them, so much so that my friend bought a pair of the 9X OS to replace his K2 Apaches. Even I got on OK with them and they skied so positively that I trusted them implicitly. I would love a pair myself!! I don't know if that's any help, but seeing as I'd skied a pair I thought I'd offer up the observation.
snow report
Thanks all
9x it is

But

Do I really need to buy now BASI seem to have eased back on radius rules
I have a wicked pair of atomic slalom skis that might now be back out of retirment although according to the hype my old knees might not be able to handle them
latest report
Megamum, Dek, http://www.achat-ski.com/materiel/3-pack-skis-fixations-skis-fixations-homme
snow report
Thanks all
9x it is

But

Do I really need to buy now BASI seem to have eased back on radius rules
I have a wicked pair of atomic slalom skis that might now be back out of retirment although according to the hype my old knees might not be able to handle them
ski holidays
Dek, I wouldn't buy a new pair to teach on unless you really have to.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy