Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I ready for something stiffer and longer?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Megamum, Another sH has the same skis as you and she is an extremely good skier - ditto rob@rar I'd say Confused

Remember the saying . . . all the gear, no idea wink

This said, I love drooling over new kit Embarassed Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, I heard this morning that the price of honey is going through the roof - so maybe you'll be rolling in it soon. FWIW I agree with the general tenor of the comments above. I find that the progression of doing increasingly challenging technical exercises is the best way of trying to make progress. If you haven't got them, you could try Fastman's DVDs. Doing those progressive exercises right is probably one of the most useful things you can do on your own - and I recognise you don't always have an instructor at your elbow.

Having a range of "things to practice" also makes skiing, particularly on easy slopes, pottering round with the kids etc, much more interesting. If it feels too easy, ski on one leg - that's my motto. wink And when that gets too easy, ski on the other leg.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Megamum, If it feels too easy, ski on one leg - that's my motto. wink And when that gets too easy, ski on the other leg.

and when the other leg gets too easy, try it legless Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno, according to those around me the closer I am to legless the better my skiing gets!! Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, it does sometimes help to relax a bit. wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

No need to attempt to be quite so caustic cathy
That wasn't an attempt, it was a bull's eye. Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've found softer skis to be better in the bumps and soft snow, so you can learn new tricks if you like. I have a dilemma because I like stiff skis on piste. Two pairs of skis required I think.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
no
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, maybe if you had something stiffer and longer you'd stop wasting your time thinking about skis.

Fnar. Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, LOL Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The pattering chatter as your ski's rattle at the tips could well be an ideal candidate for Spyderjons www.jonsskituning.co.uk/content/view/33/48/ Campbell balancing sevice. Very highly recommended Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy