Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any new lifts for 2009/2010?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some info about new lifts and future projects:

http://www.skiresort.de/english/newlifts.htm

For Austria there is a list for the next winter here:

http://alpinwiki.alpinforum.com/index.php/Neue_Lifte_Saison_09/10
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ulmerhutte wrote:
Rendlbahn (St Anton) and Muggengratbahn (Zurs) being replaced. From Stanton's comments in another thread, it appears that the only new lift allowed in Austria are those that got permits a while ago, or are replacements.

That is what I heard too, but "replacement" can include not just higher capacity, but also longer length, so a lift which currently runs (say) from the base to mid mountain could be replaced by one which runs from the base to the summit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alex_heney wrote:
ulmerhutte wrote:
Rendlbahn (St Anton) and Muggengratbahn (Zurs) being replaced. From Stanton's comments in another thread, it appears that the only new lift allowed in Austria are those that got permits a while ago, or are replacements.

That is what I heard too, but "replacement" can include not just higher capacity, but also longer length, so a lift which currently runs (say) from the base to mid mountain could be replaced by one which runs from the base to the summit.

Only if the project plans (environmental impact studies) have been submitted before the deadline (2 years ago now).

In Austria the greens are very powerful. Since the deadline any new ski terrain (resort managed) & lift plans (also Hotels) is unlikely to be approved.

Resort-managed = bulldozed pistes, avalanche control,snowmaking pipework.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
flangesax wrote:
Radstadt is finally getting an apres ski bar at the bottom of the lift! Lets hope it isn't as bad as the old one!!

Does that mean the Ski bus will run later?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does anyone know if any improvements are taking place on the western side of the Tignes local slopes above les boises and les brevieres as i'm pretty sure that there was a new gondola proposed from les boises upto the top of the bluets that leads back to le lac. Also i think they were proposing to replace at least one of the 2 very slow chairs that go up from the top of the les brevieres gondola-the longer one that takes you up to aguille de percee has got to be one of the coldest and longest chairs i've ever been on-think we timed it at either 18 mins or 22 mins now i can't remember which.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Replacement cable-car for Tortin-Gentianes in the 4-vallees (Nendaz/Siviez/Verbier).

http://www.nendaz.ch/OTNendaz/news-summer09-en.htm

Are they making any other improvements in that region?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter S wrote:
If anyone happens to know where the French take their old pomas to be scrapped I'd be very interested to find out.

Our club is always on the look out for second hand spares so if you live near a Poma scrapyard tell me about it snowHead

Have sent you a pm.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A new gondola is being built from the parking lot at Seegatterl near Reit im Winkl (in Germany) to the Winklmoosalm. Doesn't open up any new skiing but does remove the awkward bus transfer to the Winklmoosalm and will make that a more attractive starting point for reaching the Steinplatte area from Germany. You can find photos of these developments and many others, e.g. at Scheffau, Zermatt, at Infrastrukturelle Neuigkeiten in den Skigebieten in the alpinforum.com (all in German).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks BS. Its appreciated.

regards,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy