Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre-BASI training and assessment?

Poster: A snowHead
Good luck for the result snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
angel, Gee hope your OK? Tumble part of the course (what page!!) Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Personal performance - was trying to perfect face planting, but instead my knee took the brunt! Just typical that it happened while I was doing my best runs of the week! Been sitting doing the cold/heat thing all evening so hopefully will be bearable for tomorrow
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Day 5 done. Spent the day in a world of pain but it was all worth it.... I passed Very Happy Very Happy

Had a few moments during the week of really doubting my own ability, but I'm glad that I stuck with it.

A very big thank you to rob@rar, skimottaret and blytht for the encouragement to take the course in the first place.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
angel, Hooray! Many congratulations!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
angel, wonderful, many congratulations. Nice for me to get some good news in an otherwise rubbish day!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
angel, that's cool! Congratulations! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
angel, Well done. Absolutely great news. Its a strange feeling when you start to doubt your own ability. But the one thing you can
bank on is you PASSED Very Happy Very Happy

Rob & Scott put us up for it and we passed. 100% record. Just like driving instructors like to say. Very Happy Very Happy A BIG thank you to them.

OK, Snowheads who's next...................................... Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey congratulations angel, well done! Very Happy Very Happy

rob@rar, hope your weekend gets better Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cathy wrote:

Because you've got us on Monday Toofy Grin

angel, Absolutely brilliant news! Congratulations snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Iski wrote:
cathy wrote:

Because you've got us on Monday Toofy Grin

Oh dear yes, it could just go from bad to worse Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well done angel, many congrats.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
angel, excellent news, well done!! So, what's next?!

rob@rar, sorry to hear you didn't have a good day. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
great stuff angel, Well done Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
angel, Brilliant! Congrats Very Happy
latest report
very well done Toofy Grin Toofy Grin all we need to do is get grahamn on a course and it will be a clean sweep!!
ski holidays
angel, by the looks of things you had a very strong L1 group so particular congrats on passing and sorry I missed meeting you on the slope yesterday!
snow report
skimottaret, I thought GrahamN, decided it wasn't for him. So celebrate your clean sweep. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
blytht, i recon he could be persuaded to do a coach L1.... wink
snow conditions
skimottaret, he passed coach L1 with me!
ski holidays
slikedges, oops, Embarassed clean sweep it is!!! Cool
snow conditions
Yes, skimottaret, slikedges and I did the L1 coach August last year. As for the L1 instructor, I was mainly along to see what I'd skipped by going straight in at coach. The mindset for L1/2 instructor is not really where I'm at at present. My interest in skiing is largely the thrill involved and want to push myself all the time, so not the obvious mindset for a beginners' instructor. I've not skied with her, but it sounds as if beanie1 and I are pretty much opposite extremes in approach; I probably only get seriously interested where she backs off. I've spent the last several months considering L2 coach, but I think I'm passing on that for the moment - my fitness is not great at present, but agility is probably the greater problem. While I want to up my coaching level, it's also not obvious that it's a great fit, as it'll probably be more GS oriented and I'm only going to be coaching on dry for the forseeable. I've pretty much decided to use theavailable holiday instead for a tough off-piste course, which is after all my main love.
snow report
GrahamN,
Quote:

I probably only get seriously interested where she backs off.

You mean you only get interested when you're throwing yourself at warp speed down a piste?!
I want to push myself all the time too, but to improve, rather than just cane it. Funnily enough despite having done ittle training I'm also not too bad in a race course... I can certainly ski a slalom course as fast as my teenage kids (girls) with 5 years or so training (not the top ones, obviously!), but I can put up a decent show against most of them. I wouldn't have been a race coach if I couldn't - though as the least experienced coach I concentrated on the minis / new club members. I passed my ADC L2 two seasons ago.

My real love is off piste, bumps, variables etc so when free skiing I tend to concentrate on these rather than haring down the piste super G style - which is why I need to spend time building up my speed tolerance.
snow conditions
beanie1, not quite. I realised after I'd posted that that I'd not been clear, and it could have been mis-read. I'm fairly sure your technical level is higher than mine (for reference, I'm a similar speed to Mikki, and Georgia on a good day, but Tiffany left me well behind a year or two ago), but I was referring to propensity for skiing close to edge of comfort zone - I'm only really happy when there's a reasonable chance of me screwing up (or having to be sure I'm not going to when the consequences of doing so are particularly severe), and so on easier terrain I'll up the technical difficulty of what I'm doing until it starts going a bit pete tong and only then back off a bit. And while I like skiing hard, I doubt I get much above GS speeds either, largely as it's too dangerous with other piste users around at those speeds (particularly on off-piste skis). I did though have a fun Chinese downhill against gilleski a few years ago (I lost out when trying to take a shorter route through a small mogul field), which we've been threatening to repeat sometime, and maybe I'll give him a better run for his money next time snowHead .
latest report
GrahamN, ok, I understand where you're coming from now. Smile

I'm not as quick as those girls, but they rarely train on Saturdays. Are you quicker than our competing coach?!
ski holidays
Yep, mostly been beating him for the last couple of years. He did get me once this year, when I made a big mistake on my last run at So'ton (pole fell out of my hand just before the crucial turn Embarassed - So'ton is my nemesis slope Sad ), and this year I even managed to stay ahead of him at Bromley. I can't match Paul B at Bromley but I can now also take him at most other slopes.
latest report
bump... we are looking at running this course again in the new year. have a look at this thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=57767#1385282
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy