Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter Ski Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning a 3 day ski trip during first Easter week as we will be in the Troyes area - me and my 2 sons want some skiiing and my wife wants a nice town, scenery, food etc
Is there a town that we could do day trips from - can you hire skis and boots in resort per day or should we concentrate on one resort for all 3 - does anyone have any places they could recommend?
Thanks - I will happily provide feedback on our return
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Day trips from Troyes? Or am I misunderstanding things?

It'd probably take half a day to get anywhere you could ski from there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes - we want to base ourselves somewhere nearer (Cluses maybe?) and then take day trips from there or go to a resort - sorry for confusion
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jim58a, the problem in that week might be finding just 3 days accommodation, but it can be done - maybe put a more specific thread up, asking for the accommodation?

Yes, you can definitely hire boots and skis for each day in different places, though it's a bit of a faff.

I don't think Cluses would qualify as a very attractive base. Sallanches is maybe a bit better, though not much.

Chamonix wouldn't be bad (and incomparably better scenery than either of the above) and it's easier to get short term accommodation there than some places.

Megeve is a lovely town (well, the pedestrian free centre of it is, the outskirts aren't very special) and easy for your wife to get a lift to meet you for lunch and really get amongst the scenery.

But will be less easy for short term accommodation.

Or Annecy - lovely setting by the lake, some very attractive parts in the old town. Again, the outskirts aren't special, but that's true of most places. A bit further to drive for skiing, but several possibilities. If you have a car which can carry skis, you could hire near Annecy (in fact that's true of whichever base you choose, and would be less faff and probably cheaper than hiring each morning).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice - i will feedback when we sort the trip out
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy