Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Delta - La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
rolling eyes
Has anyone been here recently, we have read some comments made about it a while ago, which were bad! We have been ensured that lots of changes have been made, but would really like to know.......thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roxyfoxy, welcome to SnowHeads snowHead

If it's the same self-catered property which I dealt with a couple of years ago, it wasn't good and was the source of many and huge problems. However, that was as much to do with the local management as anything specific to the chalet. If you want to pm me with details on who is running it now, I may be able to help a little more.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your reply, I actually spoke to Iglu ski first about it and they said their used to be problems but the owner has improved standards over the years, However we have now booked with La Plagne Chalets and looking at the booking confirmation the holiday operator is Ski France....... Sad thanks do much
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
just returned from Chalet Delta which is now run by Ski France.
It is really well located in the resort with great access on to the blue slope but a very average chalet overall.
The worse thing was the chalet was quite cold in the living area. There are only heaters in the bedrooms which you are asked to turn off before leaving for skiing in the morning but there are no heaters in the main living area. This would be fine if a fire was lit in time for your return but the hosts (who live out) don't arrive until 6pm and by then the chalet living area is well below 16C . After much asking a small supply of logs was delvered but no kindling and we were using any paper rubbish (eggboxes etc) to try and get it lit. It was down to the guests to light the fire which is fine even though prior experience was that this was always strictly banned in other chalets but the main issue is that logs were severely rationed meaning we could only have fires on some nights consequently many guests spent their evening in their bedrooms with their heater ! - not very sociable
The boot/ski storage area was a bit of a joke - a tiny porch to store up to 20 pairs of skis etc and no where to even sit down to put boots on!!. We all soon learned not to leave our boots there as it got so cold there that you might as well leave them outside for the night.
The bedding was very tired and lumpy, most of the mugs were chipped and you eat off of tea plates to make the portion sizes look half reasonable on the plus side evening wine was generous !!
If you get a really good "last minute" price for this chalet then go for this only because of a good price and its location but treat it as a budget level chalet and then you won't be disappointed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know the delta well, used to work in resort for the owner.

Ski France run the chalet, their parent company, Eurogroup own it. Iglu are just giving you a stock answer because they don't actually know!

All of the bad press about the chalet is from a few years ago when Ski Fidelity ran it. They have since gone under. You can't judge ski france on these reviews, not their fault!

Delta is fine, decent location etc but very much no frills.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its only £339, including flights next week. Its not going to be the Savoy is it? Cheap Skiing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cartyl, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead Sounds a bit miserable, especially the cold!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy