Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British cross-country skier training for Olympics on roller-skis in Huddersfield

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This isn't that new so maybe it's been posted before (sorry if it has). Kids throwing rocks though!

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/highlights/From-Huddersfield-to-the-Canadian.5359406.jp
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Throwing rocks at the poor girl! What do these lads in Yorkshire think she is......................... A fire engine! I cast no aspertions on her it is just the unintellegent yobs in Dublin throw rocks and stone at the fire brigade when they are out doing good work!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's not just there... Unfortunately people on roller skis are treated about same way anywhere else on world, except in Scandinavia. Back in my racing days, I was accused that I personally destroyed whole road in village through which my normal training course went, and all this with my roller skis, and especially poles (let's forget 20tons trucks driving on that road), and therefore it's perfectly fine if few idiots drive over me with car. rolling eyes Noone throw stones at me (obviously I was lucky I was a bit bigger and stronger then this poor girl, and they would think twice before doing this), but I had idiot commanding his dog to attack me, being almost run over by car was something completely normal, and it happened at least 5 times during one training session, just as people threatening to get of their road (of course it's not their road, since we actually got ok from police that we are equal participants in traffic, so we were allowed to be on road) or something will happen.
So xc skiing is exciting sport... especially in summer, when number of idiots you meet is much higher then in winter Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
primoz, Shocked that is awful
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
primoz,

Not treated like that in Canmore, Alberta. Tons of them can be seen training in the summer months
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not so sure it's so much the roller ski. It's just the car-central mentality, treating anyone and everyone NOT in a car as "road block"!

I've seen them in New York Central Park! And no one complains. But then, New York is a town that "anything goes", horses, pedicab, rollerbladers, skateboarders... worst of all, jay-walking pedestrians! Drivers expect all sort of impedement as "normal".
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
abc, I actually agree with you. I'm just back from short mtb ride, where I made only about 15km on road, everything else off road, but even in those 15km, I had pleasure to meet some retard, who though he owns the road... I don't know why he didn't dare to step out of his 150.000eur worth tractor on the end. Twisted Evil
gryphea, unfortunately I was never in Canada... yet, so I don't know how it's there, but I believe you. I have feeling it's different in places where xc skiing is more popular, and people respect athletes a bit more. Here in middle Europe (and obviously in UK too), xc skiing is sport of some lunatics who likes to suffer, not sport of masses. So people behave differently as somewhere where almost everyone does it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not so bad up here - I've not had many problems with traffic or people when I'm out rollerskiing. Did have a 4x4 play chicken with me on a hill ( I was skiing down it and he was driving up it) on a quiet estate road. He eventually thought the better of it and pulled over to the left of the road to allow me space to pass.

Dogs on those long extendable leads can be a problem occasionally, but its mainly owners beeing thoughtless. If there is a bit of give and take from both sides there is usually no problems.

I mostly get comments and questions from people querying what i'm doing when I'm out on the rollerskis rather than abuse.

There is going to be a bit of competition for places at the olympics this year as we probably won't have more than 3 starts, two men and one lady probably. Yet we now have 5 men who reached World Cup qualification standard at the end of last season and two ladies including Fi who are close to that standard and will be fighting for the places. Mussy is in pole postion for one of the places as he pushed his FIS points below 60 at the end of last season. Yet over the rollerski season so far a number of the other juniors have been pushing hime close in races.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy