Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel from Val d'Isere to La Plagne or vice versa - any advice on the best way to do it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following on from one of my recent posts, I might be going on two different ski holidays two weeks on the run next season.

I will either be in La Plagne week 1 transferring to Val d'Isere week 2, or the other way round. I'm just wondering whether anyone has experience of travelling between the two resorts.

I will be flying to France so will not have a car, and I was wondering what the best and cheapest way would be to travel to the other resort on the transfer day. I'm guessing a taxi will cost a fortune...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pinkskier, lucky you. Because they are in the same valley it shouldn't present a great problem. Aime in the valley below La Plagne is a bus hub for all the Tarentaise resorts if you are going La Plagne to Val D. The reverse trip should be a simple matter of hitching on a transfer bus down as far as Aime and then taking the local bus up. Take a lok at the Altibus site.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pinkskier, Ski to Tignes Les Brevieres, hitch to Villaroger, ski lift and ski to La Plagne.

Please report back.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks!! will let you know how i get on
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is I believe possible to ski to tignes, take the grande motte cable car up to the top, hike for a bit, max 200m vertical, then ski off piste down the back of the grande motte into the les arcs lift system and ski to la plagne. I also believe that its a pretty stupid thing to do without a guide if you aren't an expert backcountry skier and good at route finding
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
you can ski it but what about luggage?

bus to borg from either should be easy.

if you are with holiday company get them to drop you off.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi. The best thing is to get the bus to Bourg St Maurice, then bus / train to Aime, then bus to La Plagne. Or the other way round. Very easy to do, quick and cheap.
I hope this helps.
If you need anything else, just ask - I know the area quite well (I have a place there...).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You could chat up Jo from Mountainsun - they have a mini bus that delivers/ picks up clients to both tignes and la plagne... might be worth seeing whether she can help.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy