Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice please - should I go on a ski holiday alone?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
all who are solo trip fans - arent they hugely expensive cos of single supplements???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bitoffluff wrote:
all who are solo trip fans - arent they hugely expensive cos of single supplements???

You can find trips with low or zero supplements, but you may be lacking in choice.

And it does seem to depend on which country you are going to - there seem to be more low/zero supplement rooms available in Austria than anywhere else. Although I have also find some in other countries.

Fortunately, I like Austria Smile

In the last three years, the most I have paid for the package of Flights(inc. ski carriage)/transfers/half board in a decent hotel (outside of peak times) has been £371 including any supplements. That has been booking between 3 and 10 weeks ahead.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
really? oh thats pretty good. Are these through the usual suspect TOs? not in the brochures i have, maybe im looking at the wrong companies
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bitoffluff, Those are not the brochure prices.

They are the prices I have got from booking direct with the TO over the internet.

Last year was with Neilson (£371 for the package), 3 weeks before I traveled to Ellmau in March, the previous three years had all been with Crystal or Thomson, booking in November or Early December for travel in January. Campitello 4 years ago was £415 for the package, Neiderau 3 years ago (£276) and Zell am Ziller two years ago (£364).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi All,

If you are travelling alone and looking for a social ski or snowboard holiday with other individual travellers its definatley worth having a look at the following website:

www.coldfusionchalets.co.uk

See you soon!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We do a room share option on our any day arrival chalet in Les Coches, if you're willing to share a room you don't pay the supplement and may or may not end up sharing (with same sex single). It's a catered chalet and very sociable and this year we've got a Michelin trained chef in charge of the cooking Smile www.mountainsunltd.com/short_breaks/view/short-break

We do 3, 6 or 9 night any day arrival breaks. 3 nights catered chalet accommodation INCLUDING set time transfers and wine with dinner £89 - £229 depending on when you go.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you go at an off peak time say mid Jan when most schools are in term time, some chalet companies ditch the single supplement just to fill the chalets. I went last minute to visit some mates doing a season and ended up in a small catered chalet with great hosts and other guests comprised of 2 other guys on their own although pretty senior!, a couple in their 60s, a middle aged couple with a baby and mid twenties me! Despite the mix and age ranges everyone had a great time, evening meals were a laugh and always ended late, and I think everyone skied together at some point either organised or by bumping into one another. Also catered chalet companies usually do ski hosting on the first day where you can ski with other guests of your ability from their other chalets in the resort.

Another year my Dad came out last minute to a resort where me and a mate had booked. He booked without a supplement by gambling that another solo skier wouldn't be put in his twin room, the gamble didn't pay off but if you've paid the money for skiing your not going to spend that much time in the room. He still had a good time and spent apres with me and my mate most days before dinner.

I think both our cases are unique as we can book really late and if the conditions are bad or there's little availability I can go back to work as they're quite flexible and my Dads retired. We always book through a catered chalet holiday broker like ski solutions or alpine answers, give them a ring as you might be able to book a bed in advance and take the gamble instead of leaving it last minute.

I'd definately go on my own again, skiings far too important to worry about sharing a room!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy