Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A day out with rob@rar/skimottaret at Hemel - Inside Out Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
The.... what?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paulio, snowploughgirl Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hahaha, oh right. Gotcha Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I ache all over!!!!! Calves, shins, thighs, bum, shoulders and upper arms ??????? Best coaching day ever! I couldnt believe the improvement i made. Excellent value for money and well worth the humiliation of the ULD video!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snobunni,
Quote:

upper arms ???????
I though we agreed not to mention what caused that wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
paulio, snowploughgirl Smile

Don't forget her mate in the jeans...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad everyone enjoyed the day Smile

Although I didn't set any 'homework' it's always important to practice at least some of the drills that we worked through to make them stick. We're going to post a quick review of the drills that we covered on the Inside Out website in the next few days so you'll have a reminder of the work that you did for the next time you're on skis...

For those who are still aching skimottaret is working up some possible Coaching Clinic workshops on ski fitness and stretching which might help Toofy Grin

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 28-07-09 20:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, hopefully we've warmed Wednesday's lot up for you Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
rob@rar, hopefully we've warmed Wednesday's lot up for you Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Warmed them up, or frightened them off? Wink

It will be a different warm-up tomorrow. If the M25 is flowing freely it will be a nice and gentle warm-up, but if I'm stuck in the contra-flow I might have a wee bit of frustration to exorcise...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar,
Quote:

it will be a nice and gentle warm-up

Hardly fair Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, I'm sure my car's not running properly ...... I think it might have broken down by tomorrow Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Iski,
Quote:

I think I might have broken down by tomorrow

bertie bassett, paulio, snobunni, cathy, will all agree that is quite possible Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
anarchicsaltire, Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rob should just copy this entire thread, verbatim, onto the Testimonials section of his website.

Quote:
Here's some comments from some of our satisfied customers:

"I wish I was back on a snowboard. I'm knackered and humiliated. Did I mention my sore arse?" - Bertrand, London.

"By the time I'd finished, I could no longer feel my legs and I fell asleep at the wheel on the way home and crashed into a bus! Top marks, recommended" - Cathy, London.

"Rob made us all look really stupid, and then posted a video of it to the internet. My friends have all started to shun me as a result. A1!" - Paul, Luton.

"My arse hurts even more than during Pride weekend. Brilliant!" - Paul, Brighton.

etc.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 29-07-09 5:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
paulio, Laughing
latest report
paulio, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
paulio Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chief Torturer wrote:
We're going to post a quick review of the drills that we covered on the Inside Out website in the next few days so you'll have a reminder of the work that you did for the next time you're on skis...

That would actually be very useful - I can never normally remember what drills I've done, although something tells me these might stick in my mind....

Quote:
For those who are still aching skimottaret is working up some possible Coaching Clinic workshops on ski fitness and stretching which might help

I think just getting fit would help! I'm going to have to stop looking in the other direction when I walk past my gym twice a day...
ski holidays
paulio, Laughing Laughing Laughing careful or rob@rar might try and cut off your testimonials Shocked
ski holidays
rob@rar, looks like you guys have a good program up and running. Congrats!
latest report
rob@rar, you should get skimottaret do run the penguin warm up!
ski holidays

I couldn't ignore an idea like that...
Something strange happened when I downloaded it though.[/url]
snow report
Mounta1nGoat wrote:

I couldn't ignore an idea like that...
Something strange happened when I downloaded it though

Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
I thought it was ski coaching though? I see no skis...

Not entirely convinced I'm addicted enough to just wear my ski kit to stomp through man made snow Puzzled Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
It's a bit quiet, you would have thought that at least one of todays lot would have got a post on by now (assuming they survived).
snow report
anarchicsaltire wrote:
It's a bit quiet, you would have thought that at least one of todays lot would have got a post on by now (assuming they survived).

If they dont check in in the next half hour we should call in S&R (and I dont maen the ski shop beside the slope) wink
ski holidays
RPF, I was about to say S&R Hemel shut at 18:00, so it's too late! Hemel's a bit low for any other S&R, could always try the coastguard as It's only about 100 miles from the coast makes it closer than the nearest mountain. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Well I'm back, but don't know about the rest as they were looking a bit frazzled by the time we'd finished!

Lots more drills today, including one of my favourites: the HCD*, although I'm also very fond of the SZW** drill. After the success of Monday we thought we'd let them ski a bit, but only left turns. Right turns are next month. Video to follow.

* Headless Chicken Drill.
** Stupid Zombie Walk.
snow report
Mounta1nGoat, Laughing Laughing very good!

rob@rar, we look forward to seeing the video Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
beanie1 wrote:
rob@rar, you should get skimottaret do run the penguin warm up!

Not sure we're up to The Penguin quite yet Shocked But my Grand National warm-up might make an appearance on Sunday Very Happy
ski holidays
Another great Coaching Clinic at The Snow Centre. Lots of hard work, and everyone showed good improvement at the day went on. Mostly we were doing stuff like
this*, but we also did stuff like
this** because I was told on my coaching course that we shouldn't do the same thing all day. So we mixed it up a bit, which everyone seemed to appreciate.

This lot worked much harder than Monday's crew, so when they begged skimottaret and me to do some skiing we thought they deserved it. But we didn't want to them to get too advanced so we said "
left turns only". We'll cover right turns next month.

* Headless Chicken Drill.
** Stupid Zombie Walk.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
Another great Coaching Clinic at The Snow Centre. Lots of hard work, and everyone showed good improvement at the day went on. Mostly we were doing stuff like
this*, but we also did stuff like
this** because I was told on my coaching course that we shouldn't do the same thing all day. So we mixed it up a bit, which everyone seemed to appreciate.

Ha ha ha ha ha Laughing Laughing they were obviously the advanced group - we looked quite sane by comparison wink
snow report
rob@rar, skimottaret , Many thanks to you both for an absolutely fantastic day.
If anyone is thinking of going on one of these coaching days get your name down.
To be coached by two BASI instructors is one thing, but there commitment and professionalism is what made the day for me.
They both worked together in a seamless way which meant you never felt that one was telling you one thing and the other something else.
The explanations/demonstrations were clear and precise and the use of video in a progressive way through the day allowed you to react, and not just presented as an afterthought
The presentation of video was done in a way that allowed for private individual feedback, and the quality was superb.

The ideas they have going forward I wish them well and hope they see them all they way through
snow conditions
blytht, I fully agree with everything you have said. It was an absolutely brilliant day! Many, many thanks to both Rob and Scott.
snow conditions
Quote:

"left turns only".
Made me feel dizzy just looking at that. Shocked
latest report
rob@rar Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cathy looks like fun, I'm almost tempted myself Little Angel
snow conditions
rob@rar, Ohh I recognise a few faces there. The out-patients were certainly out in force yesterday wink

Didn't know Tall Tone had a bro Very Happy
ski holidays
blytht wrote:
rob@rar, skimottaret , Many thanks to you both for an absolutely fantastic day.
If anyone is thinking of going on one of these coaching days get your name down.
To be coached by two BASI instructors is one thing, but there commitment and professionalism is what made the day for me.
They both worked together in a seamless way which meant you never felt that one was telling you one thing and the other something else.
The explanations/demonstrations were clear and precise and the use of video in a progressive way through the day allowed you to react, and not just presented as an afterthought
The presentation of video was done in a way that allowed for private individual feedback, and the quality was superb.
The ideas they have going forward I wish them well and hope they see them all they way through

I totally agree with all that was said above, a wonderful day, and lovely to meet up with old and new snowHead 'heads Very Happy Subtle teaching with small tips that can make such an immediate difference and when you get it right it feels so so good Very Happy
I am surprised that I can walk this am and will admit to having some painful areas Shocked
I somehow dont think I will be going to the gym today rolling eyes will have a lazy day in the company of a tin of deep heat so I can get to work this evening Laughing
Many thanks Rob and Scott and I will be back for more rolling eyes Laughing

Iski Did you get your email last night with the video's?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
rob@rar, Ohh I recognise a few faces there. The out-patients were certainly out in force yesterday wink

Oi you Mad Laughing
snow report
There seems to be a distinct lack of moans and groans from aching limbs from the Wednesday group - I can only assume that the Monday group worked much harder wink
snow conditions
Or the Wednesday group are much fitter! wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy