Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help needed please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

a beer buying opportunity may present itself

Sorry, not February for me - Xmas, January and March, but giving it a rest during Feb. It would be interesting to compare notes though. For example, I found that the Bergerhochalm were doing a great happy hour from 3.30pm last season - excellent music, party atmosphere etc. - and a very merry run down afterwards. If you've only been to the area once and don't know it too well, I could send you an info leaflet I've compiled, featuring recommended itineraries, bars, restaurants, etc.
As for Kings', it was Mrs T who dragged me in there - just for a laugh you understand!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unfortunately not Feb. Xmas/New Year and March but giving the old legs a rest in Feb. It would be interesting to compare notes though - for example the Bergerhochalm on the Kohlmais side had started doing an excellent happy hour from 3.30 last year - great music, party atmosphere and a very merry run down afterwards.
If you've only been there the once and don't know the area too well, I could send you an info leaflet I've compiled, recommending ski itineraries, bars, restaurants, etc.
As for Kings', it was Mrs T who dragged me in there - just for a laugh, you understand!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No worries, at the moment February is just the concept stage, we may go somewhere else anyway. leaflet sounds interesting though, if you have it electronically why not post it on the Saalbach thread - I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be interested. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

why not post it on the Saalbach thread

Unsure how to do that, but will look into it (though there are no doubt certain people who would get their knickers in a twist if I enthuse too much!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This thread : http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=317938 is Liz B's report on Saalbach, you could post a new 'info' thread or add to it. The mods can put it where it should be if you get it wrong. I wouldn't worry too much about twisted knickers, if you're posting helpful info no-one should have anything to gripe about. Of course if your info boils down to 'Saalbach is the new La Ros, and the best place to stay is my Chalet' then some panties my get a little knotted up! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

twisted knickers

You're back to 'Kings' again aren't you? I don't think I will post any info - if anyone asks me for any I will gladly oblige by e-mail. (Rather that than be accused of 'pimping' - at least then I'll know that my attempts to impart useful info based on local knowledge are welcomed and not causing irritation or resentment).
Incidentally, as a matter of interest, if you look at the Midlands Ski Club website, you'll see that their family Easter ski holiday next season will be to Hinterglemm from 3rd - 10th April. Presumably they must be fairly confident that the snow will be OK.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tatman's Tours wrote:

I don't think I will post any info - if anyone asks me for any I will gladly oblige by e-mail. (Rather that than be accused of 'pimping' - at least then I'll know that my attempts to impart useful info based on local knowledge are welcomed and not causing irritation or resentment).

Now you seem to be the one with "twisetd knickers"!

Nobody has ever, or is likely to ever get irritated with you if that is all you do.

The minor irritation (which got blown out of all proportion anyhow) was because you seemed to be hyping it beyond anything reasonable.

Allowing that to stop you posting useful information is just being petty.

Quote:

Incidentally, as a matter of interest, if you look at the Midlands Ski Club website, you'll see that their family Easter ski holiday next season will be to Hinterglemm from 3rd - 10th April. Presumably they must be fairly confident that the snow will be OK.

And so they should be. But "fairly confident" is not the same as being able to guarantee it.

Given the previous record, and the snowmaking facilities, I would expect it to be a very high probability that the snow there will be as good as almost anywhere can be at that time of year.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The British Police also hold their annual ski racing competitions at Hinteglemm I beleive, there must be something good there wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, Like criminals!!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy