Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

80 year old no regrets after breaking hip in 2m ski jump

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
An 80-year-old skier has been flown to hospital after attempting a 2m jump at Mount Buller (Australia). Although he broke his hip, the skier has no regrets, declaring life "too short" to stop skiing....See: http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-news/extreme-80yearolds-ski-jump-crash-20090727-dy82.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
well at that rate he's probably quite right that life will be short......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like he's living life to the full. I hope he recovers to get a chance to land the jump.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wish him the very best for a good recovery.

We have an amazing friend who is now a few years older than 80, still goes skiing at least twice a year, sails very competitively every weekend and plays tennis - a true inspiration.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So DG has finally got some turns in this year!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, don't know about the turns, perhaps he straight-lined it to the jump on 220s. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shame, poor old sod. I'd agree that life is too short to stop skiing - and I've every intention of skiing when I'm 80 - but he'd probably get more skiing in if he passed on the big jumps.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good on him. Hope he recovers enough to ski again.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I admire these people who really live life to the fullest and don't give up at a certain age as the average does. It takes a lot of courage, of course, but I believe it's also rewarding. Stellenangebote We have a family friend who is 70 and who still goes skiing and swims every week during summer. And he is in great shape and has so much jobs energy.

Korint Stellenmarkt
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what a boy!

one of the most memorable days skiing I have had so far was with a SCGB (sorry) group in Val d'Isere (sorry again) skiing with most of th eVDI posse who stood for SCGB council recently (sorry , sorry, sorry , sorry) with 'Ed' an 80+ year old former Professor of Mathematics and his 20 odd year old grandson- then in the army. Ed was incredible. Incorrigible in the lift queues- eyeing up and generally perving over any attractive woman under 30, skiing all day (just a little slowly) including some cut up/steepish/crustyness under teh Aguille Percee- where his grandson fell over quite a bit- but Ed didn't falter. Speaking to him on one of the lifts he explained that he hadn't skied with his wife for the last couple of years- as she had broken her hip in Tignes and given up (fair enough). He had also had to explain to her that he'd miss their (50th? 60th ) wedding anniversary as he'd booked a trip to LDA. Utter inspiration- I had more than a suspicion that he had been a seriously good skier in his day. Anybody seen Ed recently?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy