Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski deals

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm starting to plan my trip for next season, has anyone seen any great deals?

Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 24-07-09 10:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Asterix,

There seem to be loads of deals out there at the moment, I guess they're all trying to get us to book our holidays early. Neilson and Ski indpendence are offering early bird bargains and there was a post on here yesterday about the 'Granny goes free' from Ski Famille!! Check out this link for details http://bit.ly/zO58H
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Liz09!

I was actually thinking of going to Morzine so that's really helpful. With the price of the euro at the moment though I'm wondering whether i'd be better off going for a chalet than our usual self catering!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got a snowtrex email for one of their crazy booking nights. Lowest price was £91 for Chamrousse (that's for s/c accomodation and lift pass).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would probably suggest you do look at catered options. I went self catering last year "on a budget" and believe me it didn't come out on budget. By the time we'd paid petrol to get there, and bought food and drink, I think it would have been about the same to go with a package. Even if it was around the same cost of course it's worth it because you then don't have to cook and clean!!!

Great forum by the way, just been having a nose around - very helpful Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That's a good point, thanks Ski lover.

Paulio, just been looking at the Snowtrex website, what do you mean by 'crazy booking nights'?! £91 for lift pass and s/c accommodation sounds ridiculous!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
asterix, every now and again they do a special night where bookings are even cheaper than usual. Next one is 30th July.

I travelled with Snowtrex last season by the way and had no major complaints.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Asterix, I met some people at the weekend who own a chalet in Les Gets and they recommended a really good chef service called Chalet Chef that operate in Morzine. If you're still thinking of going there then check out the details here: http://ski-concierge.com/blog/trying-to-decide-between-self-catering-and-a-chalet-how-about-the-best-of-both-worlds/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We got a week in St Anton in an awesome Chalet with Supertravel for £602 inc lift pass - for St Anton = AWESOME deal
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nadenoodlee, must check that out, we were just talking about st anton at the weekend! Was it a special deal?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt, Its White week - 10-17th Jan so its £50 off brochure price and a free 6 day Arlberg pass! Last year we paid £500 each for a 4 day break in same chalet and god knows how much for lift passes! Have to say Super Travel are the best company I have ever holidayed with. Superb!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skilover, Welcome to Snowheads
asterix, I always go catered, friends of mine went to Flaine self catered and wish they had gone for the catered option, they flew and couldn't take to much food with them. Even if you drive you can only take so much and with catered some one else does the cooking and the washing up Smile
Have a look at Igluski
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee, does that price include flights and transfers?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nope - Easy jet is normally about £100 transfer £50.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
asterix wrote:
Thanks Liz09!

I was actually thinking of going to Morzine so that's really helpful. With the price of the euro at the moment though I'm wondering whether i'd be better off going for a chalet than our usual self catering!

Hi asterix,

An idea if you're looking in the Morzine area would be to look at Avoriaz which is nearby. This is the better priced of the 2 resorts but it shares the same ski area. We at http://www.directski.com have a sale starting on Thursday at 2pm and we do offer some great deals so check them out. Any questions let me know.
ski holidays
Angel1977, and better skiing wink
snow report
Nadenoodlee, Super cheap flights with Ryanair just now to Friedrichshafen if you've not booked the flights yet
snow report
Ryan air is cheap, too! £1 each way, no taxes, no check in fees!
latest report
Ciao asterix, its Max here.
Did you find your winter destination? If not let me know. I read about France in one of your messages..well... it is a nice place but.. boy.. it is expensive to eat on the slopes!!! Italy instead has a better quality food and cheaper. Let me know.
Ciao
latest report
I've dug around and found another batch of ski deals, they're not looking brilliant at the moment but a fair few ok ski deals out there at the moment, you can find them http://bit.ly/U16Vw
snow conditions
Next snowtrex "crazy booking night" is August 20th

An end-of-season week of s/c accomodation including lift pass for £35, anyone?
ski holidays
paulio, cheers for that, will keep en eye on the site next week Smile
snow conditions
I have just booked my ski holiday with Madame Vacances for this winter. They currently have an offer in place called "PREMIO", I got 15% off of my holiday for this winter. If you book before 31st August you get 15% off of a selection of chalet holidays, otherwise you get 15% off of all ski destinations with them if you book before 30th October. I have listed the website below, take a look :

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 19-08-09 14:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Pork (89%), salt, potato starch, water, ham (2%), sugar, stabiliser: trisodium diphosphate, flavourings, antioxidant: sodium ascorbate, reservative: sodium nitrite
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, that took me a few moments, but yes.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Pork (89%), salt, potato starch, water, ham (2%), sugar, stabiliser: trisodium diphosphate, flavourings, antioxidant: sodium ascorbate, reservative: sodium nitrite

Quite Laughing Mods are a very slow on this one Confused
ski holidays
To be fair it has only been up a few minutes. It's not like the piste patrol hang around on here all day like saddos Toofy Grin
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, The first posts of the meaty delicacy were July 24th in this thread imho wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mine wasn't!
ski holidays
Just to save the mod some time wink
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53549&highlight=
latest report
I dont get it?
latest report
Nadenoodlee, spam
ski holidays
Good god its been a long week. Thank yo urayscoops,
snow report
rayscoops wrote:
Nadenoodlee, spam

Are you talking about me? I am a bit slow with the lingo.
snow report
I wouldn't mind it if it was a good price, but their apartment only prices are more than the apartment and lift pass prices from snowtrex!
ski holidays
Next 'crazy booking night' is 17/09/09

e.g., from their newsletter, with apologies for the formatting:

Flachau 19/12/09 1-4 pers. £582 incl. 6 days lift pass & HB
Hippach 19/12/09 1-3 Pers. £545 incl. 6 days lift pass & HB
Sölden 12/12/09 1-3 Pers. £276 incl. 6 days lift pass & BB
Chamrousse 12/12/09 1-8 Pers. £100 incl. 6 days lift pass
La Joue du Loup 19/12/09 1-8 Pers. £119 incl. 6 days lift pass
La Norma 12/12/09 1-8 Pers. £72 incl. 6 days lift pass
SuperDévoluy 19/12/09 1-8 Pers. £137 incl. 6 days lift pass
ski holidays
I have just booked recently to go to Panorama with Inghams (early season though, so it might end up being not so great a deal if there is no snow...)

It is costing me £777 for flights and accommodation for both me and my husband. I think the deal is still available too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy