Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Hi gang,

I'm planning a trip to La Tania (France - 3 Valleys) in late February 2010. I have never skied this area before and was wondering does anyone know if there are any particular areas, preferably tree lined, that are relatively free from crowds.

I am confident on red's and blue's but would rather avoid difficult black's.

Thanks,

Ian
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ardsian, This is an ideal area for you. Skiing down from Courcheval 1800-1300 Le Praz (march this year) we had some lovely and very quiet pistes. Decent reds with good snow (100% hero grade snow) and we were really able to let rip and get right on the edges. Your definitely below the tree line here. Kittenski might be along he knows the area well. I think getting into the Meribel Valley is also handy enough from here.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

late February 2010

Late enough to miss half term I hope. There is a tricky balck just above the resort but the rest of the runs fit your bill, as do most of the Courchevel 1500 / 1600 / 1850 area. To cross to Meribel you are at the right end of the system for the easier access, and you will enjoy the runs above St Martin (Jerusalem, Becca) although these arent tree lined. The blacks down to Le Praz are tree lined but definitely black. Pack plenty of Euros, the area is formidably expensive, although La Tania is not as bad as 1850 / Maybel.
Its a great area.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
is the black that goes down to La Tania called Jockeys? It's a great run, and I think we saw two other people the whole way down - all tree lined to. Although it is a definate black in a couple of places.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ardsian, www.LaTania.co.uk is well worth a look.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ardsian wrote:
Hi gang,

I'm planning a trip to La Tania (France - 3 Valleys) in late February 2010. I have never skied this area before and was wondering does anyone know if there are any particular areas, preferably tree lined, that are relatively free from crowds.

Thanks,

Ian

La Tania, Le Praz and get over to 1650, all are alot quieter than the main 1850 area.....

Both the black (Jockeys) and the red down to le praz as well as the blue down to La Tania would meet your needs Smile

If your missing half term and the French holidays you'll be fine...........

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski wrote:
Ardsian wrote:
Hi gang,

Thanks,

Ian

La Tania, Le Praz and get over to 1650, all are alot quieter than the main 1850 area.....

Both the black (Jockeys) and the red down to le praz as well as the blue down to La Tania would meet your needs Smile

If your missing half term and the French holidays you'll be fine...........

regards,

Greg

Thanks for you info so far guys. I'm going the last week in February which seems to be the cheapest time to go that month so I presume that half term will be over?

Ian
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was wondering about la tania for next year, but will be on a budget. Does anyone know how expensive it is compared with Tignes in terms of self catering food, beer, restaurant food and general living?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ardsian

Unfortunately this is still in theFrence half term period of 6th Feb-5th march (ish can't be bothered to look up the dates). You will thankfully miss the English week which is the 14th Feb. Things get better from then on but will be busier then Jan/March. Don't worry the lift system is excellent so you should be fine.

Enjoy La Tania I spent 2 very enjoyable seasons there.

Andy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went to the three valleys at english half term and while most of the 3v were quite busy the runs around La tania were deserted. We stopped for a picnic lunch half way down one of the red or black runs that leads into la tania, really nice long steep and interesting run, and in the entire twenty minutes that were eating for only two groups of two people passed. I really wouldn't worry about the last week of feburary being too busy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the blue down to la tania is often icy so beware

but that was in jan

the red down to le praz is very easy going

as has already been said theres plenty of tree lined runs, in courchevel they are mostly above la tania, le praz and 1850 i think.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The blue (folyeres) to la tania is a great run for those who wouldn't be black run skiers. Don't leave it until the end of the day to ski it though when it's busier, you're tired and it's cut up. Get the bubble up early and go straight down it when it's freshly pisted. Also, bouc blanc red and the stade run parallel to foyleres are good tree lined runs. Runs below 1850 are worth a look too. If you can't find the skiing you want in the three valleys you wont find it anywhere.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rogg wrote:
I was wondering about la tania for next year, but will be on a budget. Does anyone know how expensive it is compared with Tignes in terms of self catering food, beer, restaurant food and general living?

La Tania is at about 1400m if i remember correctly. The resort is naturally integrated into the environment and the snow is of exceptional quality.
It is great whether you are a snowboarder or a skier with over 600 km of slopes. I have been going there every year for as long as I can remember. If you are looking for accomodation as well I have been staying with Madame Vacances for the last few years, they have a few residences including chalets and a hotel in La Tania. If you are trying to keep within a budget I noticed that they have a deal of chalet holidays for this winter called "PREMIO", you get 15% off of a selection of chalet holidays if you book before 31/08.

Check out the website below :

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 19-08-09 10:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martin73, really trying too too hard.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thought as much. Digging a little deeper through madamvacances it is another attempted off shoot of Eurogroup/NBV as was. Would suggest avoiding them but that is just my opinion.

Andy
ski holidays
Hi guys... I'm French and I live in Paris...
I'm very surprised with your view concerning Madame Vacances.
Actually, I have been on holiday with Madame Vacances (Eurogroup) in the past and have never had any problem (For instance, hôtel Montana, les chalets du Berger).
Besides, I've tried one of their resorts in this summer and it was great. (Les consuls de Mer in Montpellier)
snow report
Anyone heard about Hotel Telemark? Apparently closed down which is a shame...Was a very good hotel for weekends.
snow conditions
cedric wrote:
Hi guys... I'm French and I live in Paris...
I'm very surprised with your view concerning Madame Vacances.

The "view" is coloured buy the fact that Martin73 appears to be spamming it.

He has only made a few posts, all but one of which have been promoting them - the natural assumption is that he is an employee of theirs.

And it doesn't help when he is suggesting them for people "on a budget", when they are rather on the expensive side.
ski holidays
alex_heney, beware the race of fearsome creatures from Norse mythology. Some of them may be called Martin or Cedric.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy