Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New PDS Summer Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes, it’s publicity, but it may be of interest to some of you guys. It includes all the PDS villages French & Swiss. We hope it will be run for a few years at least, to allow many people a chance to partake.

Here in the PDS a new summer pass has been created (15th June --15th September) to help in these Credit Crunch times.
The x-change rate is lousy (improving slowly), TVA on restaurant bills is down (allegedly, we have noticed a difference), many accommodations are doing very cheap deals for this summer. We are trying to help you cash strapped holidaymakers.

Now we have the MULTI PASS.
For just
1 euro per person per day (selected accommodations who have opted in)
Or
6 euro’s per person per day (in any other accomodation)

You get FREE access to
Swimming pools
Tennis courts
Gondola’s & chairlifts (walkers only)
Ice rinks
Pettits trains
Inter station bus services
Local attractions, cultural sites
10-15% discounts on many other local attractions ie:- Parapente(tandem & courses), Luge d’ete, quad bikes, Canyoning, Via ferrata.

Full details can be found at www.portesdusoleil.com

And we have another great winter season coming up too, we are all doing the “early snow again” dance every night. It worked last year Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Paul. I am heading over for a couple of days in late August. Looking at doing a bit of restoration on apartment so have to meet up with some builders (I hope). If I have time I will call down to Montriond!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Gondola’s** & chairlifts (walkers only)

I can't understand why walkers get a financial incentive to go to the PDS but mountain bikers don't? Captive audience - like skiers - perhaps? ie charge us what you like and we'll still pay it??

**Like pizza's and fish and chip's?? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mountainaddict, it's like the difference between skiers and, errr, snowboarders wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We dilly dallied about buying the Multi Pass for our chalet in Les Gets - the agent in the village was keen for us to do so but at that stage we had about three weeks booked and it works out for the people providing the accommodation at around 10 euros per bed - so that would have been 80 euros for us to pay, and then the guests could have paid their 1 euro each per day. In the end we didn't go for it as it would not work for any mountain bikers and I knew that one lot staying for two weeks were on their bikes.

We bought ourselves summer season passes for the lifts (as mere pedestrians) when we were there in June - I think Les Gets/Morzine worked out at something like 40 euros and we can use them when we are back at the end of August. They were half price as we had the winter PDS passes.

Amazingly we have now had more bookings and will be booked for seven weeks this summer, more than ever.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict, The mountain bikers pay more because it costs an arm & a leg to make and maintain the mountain bike tracks.
Which I believe the PDS is pretty damned good at.
The problem is the number of non MTB visitors in general has been falling for the last few years, and other resorts in Europe are offering this sort of scheme, so the PDS has to compete.
Most MTB companies are down on visitor numbers, I have talked to some friends in the industry in the UK, they are all having a bumper year. Far more people are holidaying in the UK.

Pamski, I think will find she is the exception to the rule, well done on flogging 7 weeks.

FlyingStantoni, allways the troublemaker Toofy Grin

Roy Hockley, See you in August for a cuppa or something stronger. Call to make sure we are not out gardening, transfering, cleaning etc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DallyPaul, No problems.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I live and learn DallyPaul re. the arm & a leg cost of maintenance. Cheers!

Quote:

Most MTB companies are down on visitor numbers, I have talked to some friends in the industry in the UK, they are all having a bumper year. Far more people are holidaying in the UK.

Not surprised: the MTB trail centres of Scotland and Wales (with England also up and coming) have spent hundreds of thousands on trails and offer truly world class MTB-ing. You don't even mind the rain when you can get a pint for less than £6! (Mind no sign of Mutzig yet Confused )

Having said that I'm still off to Tignes for a spot of biking/hiking/skiing in 2 weeks' time......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy