Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing in Livigno: apartments and journey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I`m going skiing in january in Livigno with my family. Can anyone raccomend some nice apartments away from San Rocco because i heard this area can get quite rowdy and i want to avoid this at all cost because we`re bringing our 7 year old daughter with us. What are the pubs like ? Are kids allowed in till late? The part of italy where i`m from kids are allowed stay till very late, we don`t have a babysitter so we dont` have the option. Also i`m wondering which route i should take , which will be quicker and cost us less: Zurich-Zernez-Livigno or Milan-Tirano- Livigno.
Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
birba, I've been to Livigno 3 times. A great place. I can't remember the names of the apartments but I'll try find them tomorrow. I've stayed at the lake side of the village, San Rocco and over by the Mottolino. To be honest I wouldn't consider San Rocco being rowdy either. Wouldn't rule it out straight off.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
birba, Would not touch it! As I have said on previous threads, out of all places we have been to it is the one I will return to last! Why had you thought of Livigno? I know it is in all the brochures in Ireland but there are better, much better!

If you want a beautiful place, I would reccomend Selva in Italy. You can fly to either Milan Bergamo or Venice and Treviso from Ireland.

All Italian resorts are family friendly, unlike our own pubs and hotels. Our government tries its best to ruin our tourist industry Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As you are Italian you might get useful info by posting on an Italian skiing forum ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi
we stayed at apts casa longa which were about 300m down from San Rocco, and about 300m up from the middle nursery slopes, this meant we had not far to walk for the shops and bars, also it was right next door to the bowling alley and bar(hardly used) there were quite a few other games in there ie electronic, pool, etc.
these apts are not with the tour operators anymore, but can be found here http://www.snowtrex.co.uk/italy/livigno/casa_longa/prices.html
the apartments are in traditional old building and are a bit dated but very clean, i think there are new better ones down the main village but these could be dearer.
i went with my daughter age 12, her ski instructor encouraged me to go to the top of the mountain in the mornings when she had lessons, as she was perfectly safe. Bare in mind the lessons here are only 2 - 2 1/2 hour long per day.
anything else just ask
by the way i took my daughter on the "teabork" alternative fondu night, it was very rowdy but nothing OTT
Geoff
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I also stayed in the San Rocco area and found no problems with noise or rowdy behaviour. We stayed at Hotel Marzia, which is a very nice B&B. We stayed on the top floor in a suite which had a kitchen dining area. So all the benefits of an apartment. Also you can arrive any day as opposed to an apartment which will probably be Saturday to Saturday. (When the flights will be more expensive) The hotel is located directly opposite Doss 18 which is one of the nursery slopes which is handy because Livigno is a bit of a sprawling resort.

We travelled to Livigno, by train from Bergamo, changing at Tirano then the bus from Bormio. Found it quite relaxing travelling past Lake Como. We also travelled with 3 young children.

My family loved Livigno.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe have a look at http://www.livignoapartmentshotels.com/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kristiineg, that's your site, isn't it?

The the OP - don't bother with kristiineg's suggestion. It's just an affiliate booking site.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi i`m Birba but changed name! thank you evreyone that replied i`m really sorry for not answering sooner! i had to create a new user name i couldn`t log in and couldnt` find this post!!! Anyway, i made some progress since i sent this, i booked an apartment called Chalet Mattias which looks really nice and wasn `t that expensive compared to some apartments that are older and dont` look as nice. We are going for 12 days, we are having a bit of hassle with the journey though. 2 friends decided to join us before we booked our flights but then at the last minute decided they are not going (despite the fact they paid for their flights too), we ended up booking flights to Linate because we agreed with them we would share a taxi. So when they said they were`n t going its` left us kind of stuck since Livigno is not an easy place to get to especially form Milan Linate, i told them before booking that we would only fly to Linate if we shared the taxi otherwise we would have booked Zurich. Does anyone have any advice on how to get there? A group on Tripadvisor said they are on our same flight and have a transfer coach organised they said we can join them on the way over (they are travelling back on a different day) but they are still waiting to see if the coach can fit us too because its only a 16 seater, if not we will have to find another solution, has anybody any suggestions? Has anyone on this forum travelled there before by train? Even if i`m Italian is till prefer not to write to their forum because i don`t find them very helpful, these ones are better! Also i did consider a lot of other resorts but loads of people suggested Livigno, i knew it was going to be difficult to get to but because we really thought we had the transfer sorted by sharing the taxi with our friends we just ended up going for it, i hope all this will be worth it! Next time i am not bringing any friends on holidays!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 13-10-09 17:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
briciola, there is some info in this link: http://www.mountain-toursltd.com/aaenglish/transfers.htm

I'm gonna use MT Bus (from official website) but I don't know if they serve your airport. I will be using Bergamo.
Maybe check them as well: http://www.mtbus.it/Tariffe/tariffe.cfm
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Tom, i looked on that website but they don`t serve Linate airport! Isn`it terrible that the only days they operate is on saturday and sunday? But form Linate not even that! Those friends that have let us down are now saying they might still go but i definately don`t trust them since they already put us in this mess, so hopefully we can join the transfer group from Tripadvisor if not we will probably have to get the regional train from Milan- Tirano and a bus from Tirano to Bormio,( i`ve been told it`s not a very nice journey). I was trying to get flights to Malpensa but for some reason Aer Lingus are not flying there till March. I`m also considering changing our flights to Zurich instead if it doesn`t work out too expensive Thanks again!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Max01, hi, do you know if the train from Milan central takes the same route as from Bergamo, passing lake Como? What was your journey like? Thanks!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy