Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Snow report Winter 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
clem156,
How did you get on today?
I wouldn't bother heading up to the glacier... grab a bus or get in the car and head to Zauchensee.... awesome conditions on the Zauch side... bit weird on the Flachauwinkl side....

Really deep snow... opened up loads of off piste opportunities that I have missed.... Back again tomorrow if the wife lets me... as it is still snowing!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flangesax, Had a great day in Zauchensee!! Lots of off piste opportunities albeit in limited visibilty. Have skied the area before 2 years ago at Easter with similar conditions. Apparently tomorrow will be a clear(er) day which should open up a raft of options. Unfortunately, Mrs and Ms Clem hated the conditions and stacked early but my son and I soldiered on (such an onerous task)!! We will be up there first thing tomorrow in the first car park on the right at about 0845hrs. If you are planning on skiing alone and wish to share your local knowledge then I will be driving a honda civic on a 06 plate. I will be wearing a white helmet/blue salomon soft shell jacket/grey Salomon soft shell trousers and horrible orange technica boots!! Many thanks anyhow! Clem
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nozawaonsen, Thanks for the info but I am on a family holiday and from Waynos pictures it may be a wee bit too much!! It was mainly from an on-piste/easily accsessible powder skiing perspective that I was interested in. Once again thanks anyhow!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clem156, have a great time in Zauchensee, lots of fun to be had there too! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clem156, I think we may have passed you as I recognise that combo - especially the 'orrible orange boots! I was the idiot all in black hanging over the side looking like they had the hangover to end all hangovers. Most embarrassing as I hardly drink any alcohol these days! Actually I was afflicted with a kind of motion sickness due to the crazy vis, which basically felled me and bought my skiing to an abrupt end! We were halfway down Blue 9 having fun when I suddenly felt an uncontrollable need to throw up! Embarassed

It is going to be mega there tomorrow, too bad I have to work Evil or Very Mad But there is always next weekend.

Enjoy yourselves I'm madly jealous but perhaps I need to back off a bit and let my body catch up with the rest of me. rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax, Many thanks for taking the time to come and share your local knowledge with a visiting fellow Snowhead. Yesterday was the best mornings skiing I have had this year and loved the time spent off-piste and in the trees!! I can only imagine if this is how you treat your guests then you must experience a lot of repeat business as yesterday was truly an "Austrian Adventure!"! In essence a great day and thanks once again. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Today has been another incredibly hot day. There is still plenty of snow around although it is now receding faster than my hairline!

Samerberg Sue, Sorry to hear about your inner ear problems and you did miss a cracking day. This is my third year in Ski Amade at this time of the year. I've never been dissappointed so perhaps we can meet up next year!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clem156, not really an inner ear problem just basically out of sorts combined with poor vis. I was probably also dehydrated from having too many black coffees and not enough proper food and fluids! rolling eyes

I'm only an hour or so away from the Sportwelt Amadè so I can usually swing by if I'm not committed to work. I'm hoping to get a few more days in before switching primarily to my summer sports, but I never stop completely. There's plenty of good glaciers within easy reach of my place. Ski testing is the next task!!!!

Have a good trip back to the UK!

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clem156,
Swing by tomorrow (my door bell doesn't work so just shout loudly!)

Glad you enjoyed t again today... things are certainly warming up again and are all super springy again... snow due next weekend though!... We'll see wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from Kitzsteinhorn, fantastic conditions, on Friday almost 2 foot of fresh snow Very Happy Temps -2 ish during the day, going down to -11 at night and this is set to continue for the whole of next week,along with more snowfall. Fairly quiet up there too, runs back to the Alpine center all open. If anyone is thinking of a cheeky weekend, next week could be worth it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DAB wrote:
Just back from Kitzsteinhorn, fantastic conditions, on Friday almost 2 foot of fresh snow Very Happy Temps -2 ish during the day, going down to -11 at night and this is set to continue for the whole of next week,along with more snowfall. Fairly quiet up there too, runs back to the Alpine center all open. If anyone is thinking of a cheeky weekend, next week could be worth it.

Could you see where you were going. Most ofAustria and Bavaria seem to have been covered in fog all weekend. The webcams look foggy.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevev, blue skies on Friday morning, viz was a bit murky lower down but up on the Kieslift and magnetkopf were fine, if you pm me I can let you see the pics I posted on fb.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy