Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bootfitter in Merseyside/Dublin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Folks,

I'm keen to buy a new set of boots but find Dublin disasterous as I have a large volume foot and outdoor sports shops don't appear to have anyone with a deeper understanding than "what colour would you like?".

I'm spending the weekend in Formby near Liverpool and would appreciate some advice.

Is there a good bootfitter in the Merseyside area that's worth a shout?

Is there someone good in Dublin that I've missed?

Would anyone have stock at this time of year anyway?

Cheers.

Skibb
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skibb, Try Snow and Rock in Dublin. Dan and the guys have a really good set up and high standards. If it aint right they take them back and either try again or replace them
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skibb, if you could travel to the northern end of the island at some point then Des at Climate ski in Belfast is a good fitter and understands biomechanics...... not sure about his stock levels at this time of year but it may be worth a shot
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ordhan & CEM.

Thanks.

I hope they've got my colour too wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went up to "macski" in Belfast on Saturday for a new set of boots. The owner is in the ski business for the last 30 years and I found him an excellent boot technician and very reasonably priced. Its a good time for someone from the South to shop up there, as the € exchange rates are quite favourable. They have a very good website, but they will not sell boots online.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Slush & Rubble in Dundrum is the only shop in Dublin that has an extensive enough range of ski boots that you'd be anything more than lucky to get a pair of boots that fit right. However in saying that i personally wouldn't have any faith in the ability of their boot fitters from what i've seen passing through there. So with that in mind i'd personally recommend either travelling to somewhere where there's a renowned good boot fitter e.g. CEM or failing that find out if there's a recommended boot fitter where you're going make a booking in advance & then get your boots there. My personnal recommendation would be to go to Jules in Sanglard in Chamonix i believe he's one of the best boot fitters in the alps.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy