Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season in Canada - which companies for job before you go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After 6 seasons in France i want to have a bit of a change and head to Canada.

Can do most things - am a ski instructor in France, been a transfer rep, ski tech, ski guide and also qualified personal trainer.

Can anyone tell me if there are any good companies that I can get a job with before I go that will help with getting visas sorted out or do i need to be out there to find a job with a visa already in place?

As far as I can see the normal Brit TO's that go there down use British staff in the same way they do in Europe as it mainly seems to be hotels and condos rather than chalet style holidays.

I have had a search through the forum but not found the info I am after.

Any help much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you looked at Natives

http://www.natives.co.uk/

It's thier Raison d'Etre
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not much i can find on natives about canada but will have another look......
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
waitingforwinter, Use the search function on the Natives forum and you will find a lot of Canada info.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Intrawest?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
waitingforwinter, if you're a ski instructor in France I assume you're an ISTD or other national equivalent. With this high level of qualification would not the Canadian ski schools be your first point of call? Surely they could sponsor the visa of someone of this level?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think (but I could be wrong) that most brits at least starting to work out in canada do so on a BUNAC visa. Depends on you being the better side of 30 now I think too. Plus the quotas run out quickly so you need to get going. Otherwise it may be very tricky to get work permits this year, they need to be able to prove they haven't been able to hire canadians and that is becoming trickeier as time goes by...... You also need qulaifications in your chosen profession- so your best bets would be ski instructor and maybe ski tech.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waitingforwinter, I was looking at a season in Canada but unless you're a student or have graduated in tha last 12 months then all the visa's for this year have gone.
Alternatively if you've already got a visa then i know Intrawest didn't get the turnout they were hoping forat their recent London recruitment day so they'd be worth a look. Otherwise just go to the recruitment section on each resort website and see whta you can find
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy