Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy access from Friedrichshafen Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone suggest resorts that are a short transfer by public transport from the RyanAir destination of Friedrichshafen. If necessary I will drive. Just fancy a couple of days away in a fairly close Austrian, Swiss or German resort.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can get to Bern or Zurich in about 2 hours (depending on route/time of travel). From either you're 1-2 hours away from a number of Swiss places - see www.myswitzerland.com
Not sure there's anyway much closer in Switzerland, though you could try the Sante (I think it's called) area in St. Gallen.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
micksup, have you checked out the express bus service from the airport to the Arlberg? It's linked to on the Ryanair site, but I think it only operates Fri-Sun. Driving from there you could have a much wider choice of destinations, and what you don't save on transport you could gain on a cheaper resort if that's what you're after.

Maybe look at the Innsbruck area if the snow remains good (they are generally quite low altitude resorts) - lots of resorts. Neustift is great - it has the nearby Stubai glacier.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More snow possible in Austria (& E Switzerland) over the next day or two, too.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 3-02-05 14:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lech??
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B, I most certainly am not! Shocked

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 4-02-05 17:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
micksup,

Try this link
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
St Anton can be reached by car in about 1hr 15 - 1hr 30 mins (we do it all the time). There is also a train station right outside (I mean right outside) the airport which takes under 2 hours with a couple of (easy) changes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
B00thy, that's what I would recommend.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does anyone know the timetable of the train from the airport to St Anton as there seems to be a long delay between the second Ryanair flight arrival and the private bus transfer.

On resorts near the airport Oberstdorf is not far either and can do it by train right into the resort after a few changes. I was there last year, good skiing although a little spread out.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I flew to Friedrichshaven a couple of years back for an early season weekend breack. We hired a car and were intending to head to St Anton but much better snow conditions took us to Davos. It was only about a 2 hour drive. Friedrichshaven is an excellent entry point to a good range of resorts.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We drive all the time from FriedRH to St Anton all the time.It takes between 1hr 15 mins and 1 hr 30 mins door to door.

There is also a train station at the airport. Takes 2 hours by train with one change I believe.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looking at the Ryanair prices for early December (or Easyjet Basel) makes this yet again an attractive point of entry. However is the second week of December too early to be heading in that direction? Would we better served sticking to current plan and heading towards Lyon/Chambery via Lille on the Eurostar?

What we need (other than the snow!) is lifts to be open, ski hire shops open and decent hotel/pension.

If anyone can offer anything that suits for 8th December for three days I would be very interested and grateful.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This season we are considering train from Friedrichshafen to St Anton (snowing at the moment says my Landlord in St.A)

Anyone done the train journey to St Anton?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
B00thy,

I went from Calais to St A years ago. It was part of a friday night service for TO's from the UK. I am not sure it still runs as such but the UK TO's don't sell it anymore. I didn't think the whole of the train was chartered tho'. It went direct to St A via Basel, I think.
I would be interested in the service now but I think the train goes Amsterdam to Vienna so you would have to pick it up at Lille, probably. Still a very good way to travel but I have no idea how much iyt would cost.

Its a shame Eujet doesn't fly anymore, they did a cheapie to Zurich for around £45 last season. Perfect for me..!! And these prices might have forced the trains to reduce theirs
ski holidays
Thank JT. I used to do the Zurich run. Zurcich to St A in the buffet car seemed to pass the time.

We went via Basel or Frierichshafen last year although we had a share car stashed in Switz/St A so it was pretty painless.

This season, no car. So I am looking into railway connections.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy