Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski weekend - city break

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't know if anyone checks this site in the summer - but am looking to sort out my stag do for next year and was hoping to do a ski weekend. Just wondering if anyone has ever done a city break close to the slopes. Current plan is to fly to Innsbruck and do skiing for a day trip, so if anyone has an tips or useful experience let me know.

Thanks

Alex
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alexwb77, If you can do a weekend, and from Bristol you can fly to Grenoble and do ADH, LDA, La Grave =/- several other places smaller and less well known. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fly to Geneva as there are loads of really cheap flights from lots of airlines - shed loads of ski resorts within easy drive and the city is a greate place as well
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
well I've always found Geneva very dull, but then I've never been there on a stag do. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did a mates stag weekend in Kitzbuhel flying to munich a couple of seasons ago, worked very well. Was somewhat limiting that only people went who could ski/board, but hey it helps to keep it exclusive. Really wouldn't have worked so well if someone had wanted to come a long and 'have a go at skiing' in the same was as you 'have a go at surfing, rally car driving, clay pidgeon shooting' or similar on other stag weekends.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Innsbruck should be good, you can even get the train direct to St Anton in just over one hour from there

but you can consider Salzburg as well, lots of resorts within one hour drive/transfer, and could be easier to book accommodation for short stay as well
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alexwb77, it probably depends what you're trying to get out of your city break.

If you want a place you can do 'culture' for a day and then skiing another day, then Innsbruck or Salzburg would be good (Innsbruck has a quick bus or train link to Stubai, I think?). If you want to go to a city for the nightlife then I'd pick a ski resort with decent nightlife (plenty to choose from). If you're after a place that offers go-karting style stag do activities then I can't really advise...I'd guess Geneva/Salzburg/Innsbruck would all be ok, but worth checking on web beforehand.

If you just want something quick and easy then try Chamonix - loads of flights to geneva, easy bus transfers and loads of accommodation.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Just wondering if anyone has ever done a city break close to the slopes.

How about Aviemore or Fort William?? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You could also have a think about Munich. Great city and a train link to Garmisch Partenkirchen - depends if you fancy the 70km commute to ski though. The perfect stag do would include skiing the W4NK - the highlight of any schoolboy humour themed weekend!

Innsbruck would also be a good choice. I think you can get to several ski resorts for a day trip from there - eg Neustift/Stubai, Igls, Kuhtai or Seefeld.

Neustift is the only one of those I've travelled to from Innsbruck and there are regular bus links.

Probably worth checking Innsbruck's website for transport links to the others though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy