Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Guaranteed Powder - where ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry Wayne, been busy. will throw some notes your way (and you too bones) as soon as I get chance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wayne, surely in Alpine terms the Dolomites are one of the least reliable areas for good snow?

I have not skied Japan, but I heard they are very restrictive about off-piste skiing. Best to investigate that first, if you seriously consider it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skiing off piste in Japan seems to involve a certain amount of outrunning or outwitting ski patrol, which probably isn't ideal if you are looking to set up cameras etc

you could always get the proper permissions, I suppose...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball wrote:
surely in Alpine terms the Dolomites are one of the least reliable areas for good snow?

Blasphemy … Shocked ... Go and wash your mouth out and then stand in the corner; and we don’t want to see their face, do we class, so you can face the wall until you have learned some respect for the mecca of skiing.

Here's a thing (truth), in the 7 years I have worked there, I have never (not once) not been able to ski back to the village. How many resorts can say that. It is quite low and far south but for some reason the white stuff keep falling.

Mind you, it's green at the mo - webcam http://www.ski.it/stream/folgarida.htm

snowball wrote:
I have not skied Japan, but I heard they are very restrictive about off-piste skiing. Best to investigate that first, if you seriously consider it.

Japan, never did - I really would like to go to USA if someone else is paying
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wayne, Powder King: http://www.powderking.com/tickets/index.htm
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
powder never guaranteed I'm afraid, unless you can take a chopper or put skins on.

Good bets are Niseko in January, Little Cottonwood Canyon resorts and Grand Targhee, and Colorado resorts like Vail/Steamboat in Jan/Feb, Mt Baker/Kirkwood anytime ...

Another issue to consider - pow gets tracked out VERY quickly at some of these places, so you may get plenty, but it won't stay virgin for long - unless you know the area very well -and that's not so good for video. That's why cat/heli is good for video footage. Or hiking. I'd actually go to Lech - you can find untracked stuff for days there just off-piste
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gortonator, you mean with my axe and skins in my rucsac I can guarantee my face shots?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:

I was once told by a guide in Wyoming, when I asked her how often they got the 50cms of fresh that we were breaking tracks through replied with a puzzled look, "uh, every day?"

Hmmpfh, this wasn't last season I take it! Mad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
gortonator, you mean with my axe and skins in my rucsac I can guarantee my face shots?

pretty easy to do here in the Pacific Northwest for virtually all winter. Lots of snow that is easily hikeable and it snow regularly. Find north facing slopes and off you go. Sure same in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, BC, Montana ... and Arlberg?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gortonator, no, you said with a chopper and skins I was guaranteed. You didn't make any restrictions on location. I have an axe. I have skins. I have a hill outside my house. Come on, pony up, how do I make it ski (especially when it's 34C outside, and humid). Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name, maybe he was talking about a different chopper?!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
gortonator, no, you said with a chopper and skins I was guaranteed. You didn't make any restrictions on location. I have an axe. I have skins. I have a hill outside my house. Come on, pony up, how do I make it ski (especially when it's 34C outside, and humid). Twisted Evil

perhaps you need a new name - pedant, perhaps? Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gortonator, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
COLORADO for sure Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
susieski,
Cheers.
I have sent them a mail to say Utah is best idea.
See what comes back later depending on cash available
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy