Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freak summer snow hits Australian mountains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's blowing hot and cold down under. In Victoria State Australia, following temperatures of 36°C last week, the mountains are now covered in snow during what is the Aussie equivalent of midsummer. Falls Creek spokeswoman Debbie Howie said it was "literally like winter out here now"...

Quote:
"Early in the week it was hot, about 36 degrees, and we hadn't had rain for a while and we were told of bushfire concerns," she said.

"Well I can tell you that there certainly isn't any danger of a bushfire now."

She said the resort had already recorded around 12cm of snow and it was expected to continue falling throughout the day.

Article: National Nine News
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Climate havoc. This piece from The Courier Mail follows up on the above:
Quote:

THE storms that have created chaos across Australia's eastern states were an ominous glimpse of a future wrecked by greenhouse gas emissions, a peak environment body said today.

Dust storms, raging winds, hail, flooding, blizzards and freezing temperatures hot on the heels of South Australia's devastating bushfires were the early warnings of a climate fundamentally altered by greenhouse gases, the Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF) said.

“Freak storms and the climate havoc we are currently experiencing across Australia is a taste of tomorrow's world unless we start to cut greenhouse pollution,” ACF spokesman John Connor said.

“Australia's national response to climate change is in disarray and by 2020 Australia's greenhouse pollution will be more than 20 per cent above 1990 levels,” he said.

“While many countries are increasing the proportion of energy from renewable sources, ours will soon go in(to) decline.”
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh dear. Looks like another attempt by the eco-lobby to blame unusual weather (hot or cold) on greenhouse gases. In fact a quick google indicates that summer snow in Australia (outside Tasmania, where it's obviously more likely), while certainly unusual, is not unprecedented. It's even happened at relatively low elevations in Western Australia. As for dust, winds, hail, flooding and bush fires, I certainly saw plenty of those as a boy in the 60s in New South Wales.

The ACF web site also makes an attempt at linking the scale of the tsunami disaster to alleged eco-crimes.

I think a sober assessment of what's going on is made very difficult by the press-release blizzard from organisations like the ACF.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The snow affected New South Wales too. Here's a report and photo from Sydney Morning Herald.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is pretty amazing. I'm actually quite surprised that snow has fallen as many as 5 times in Feb in NSW in 30 years. Still, the mts are over 7,000 ft, and there's plenty of cold ocean between them and Antarctica, so I guess it just takes a strong southerly to whip things up. I'm not at all surprised by the hail in Sydney -- monster hailstones there are a hazard as perennial as funnel-web spiders!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy