Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc Dates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know the dates the lifts are opening and closing in Les Arc this season?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think it's on the website yet, but on the previous few years I'm guessing that opening day will be 12th December and closing will be 24th April for the Arc 2000 bowl, 17th April for the rest of the resort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers ROb... any idea when they'll have it up or whether they've let businesses know yet? (the Grand Massif have already published!)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think it was posted on the website until they switched from the summer version to the winter version. Whenever I've needed to contact the lift company they've always been very prompt at replying. Maybe you could email them on info@ski-lesarcs.com to ask for the confirmed dates.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marcellus, I dont think the Peisey Vallandry end of the resort opens until 19th December. Its usually a week after 1800 & the rest.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arc 1950 is opening on 5/12 , as part of the accommodation and screening I believe for the Bourg St Maurice Film festival - don't know if the lifts / rest of the resort will be open, but you'd have thought it would be an odd thing to do, go up a mountain to watch a film without something else to do....

Closes 24th April.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IIRC then last season was then 13th Dec thru to 25th April, and whilst I'm more than happy to bow to the greater knowledge of the local property owners I can confirm that last season I skied Peisey-Vallandry on the 15th (would have been 13th if I'd got out earlier!) and thru to the 23rd April when I gave up. Based on those dates and a 20 week season I'd guess they'd be running this season from 12th Dec to 24th April.

genepi wrote:
marcellus, I dont think the Peisey Vallandry end of the resort opens until 19th December. Its usually a week after 1800 & the rest.
Last season PV opened the same time as 1800..albeit the Vanoise Express didn't open to the week later - 19th.

rob@rar wrote:
I don't think it's on the website yet, but on the previous few years I'm guessing that opening day will be 12th December and closing will be 24th April for the Arc 2000 bowl, 17th April for the rest of the resort.
I understand a couple (may be more) seasons ago the 2000 bowl was kept open for another week, but my impression that was effectively 'week 21' but I stand to be corrected.

For a good snow/empty lines and general all round fun then the 1st week of the season was one of the best (IMHO!)

Rob@Rar congratulations on the knighthood - well deserved but did you go down on one knee whilst admin tapped you with his mighty.....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett, you might be right about the final week of the season where everything stays open, I've not skied that week for a couple of years so the resort may well have changed back to leaving everything open in the final week.

I've not had my investiture yet, but I'm beginning to get a little fearful of when he whips out his long pointy thing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FROM PARADISKI OFFICE :

"We would like to inform you of a change to the closing date of the Massif de la Plagne for the winter season 2009-2010. This has now been set for Saturday, 24th April at the end of the day (instead of Sunday, 25th April as originally planned)

The opening dates of the ski area are therefore:

Paradiski area 19/12/2009 - 24/04/2010

Massif de la Plagne: 12/12/2009 - 24/04/2010

Please make sure you include this information in any future customer communication"
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another 1950 owner, also concerned about his pre-Christmas dates, has just posted this on our internal forum:
------------------------

Bonjour,

Arc 2000 will open on 05.12.09 for the "Festival européen du cinéma", Arc 1600, Arc 1800, Peisey-Vallandry will open on 12.12.09. The Vanoise Express will be open on 19.12.09.
This dates can change depending on the snow level and the activity of the skiing area.
You can give us a call in November to get more informations about the opening and the skipasses prices.

If you need any further informations please call us at the following number : 00334.79.04.25.03.

We hope to see you soon on our Paradiski area.

Regards.

Laetitia

SMA-STAG
------------------------------

So there you go.

Jim
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy