Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Name & shame the most heinous rip offs in ski resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
THE THING, do you get free unicorns with your lift pass in Austria?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B wrote:
At this point I must share that the cheapest pair of gents boxers I could find in Tignes last December was just under 30 euros. Due to some fairly careless packing I found myself short in the underwear department and had to go shopping for more. This can be corroborated by holidayloverxx and vetski who kindly helped me choose the offending articles.

Could you not have handwashed?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shimmy Alcott, I did but my shortage was severe Embarassed
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, Just the pair you were wearing on the journey perhaps? Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Plagne 5.8 Euro for a mini tub of Pringles
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ghost Dog, actually (and I don't mean to pick on you and am sure you really, really wanted those Pringles at the time) but that does remind me of the fact that a lot of the prices complained of are attached to silly food. When I was in Courchevel in January, I was buying delicious 'salades composées' for lunch which, with the 'free' slice of bread, were markedly better value than the bowls of greasy chips which I saw other people buying, and were more nourishing and just as filling. Ditto fizzy drinks, which were much more expensive than my fairly drinkable glass of house wine. I do think that people do make unwise food choices on the mountain sometimes. That doesn't, of course, detract from the sometimes punishing cost of a standard glass of beer: if that's what you want/must have, there's no getting round paying whatever it costs.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I do think that people do make unwise food choices on the mountain sometimes

Like drinking wine and skiing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ordhan, don't know about you, but a single glass of wine doesn't render me incapable. rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

when I looked up, there was a Dash-7 just feet above my head - very frightening!

Isn't that one of Santa's reindeers?? Was it Christmas week?! Courchevel tourist office advises that the Santa's sleigh flypast excursion usually costs 250 euros per person - though this does include half a cup of lukewarm mulled wine..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I would never have discovered how collaborative holidayloverxxx and Vetski could be in ...erghh,,, addressing the (t)issues (which cum) to hand....

Shouldn't the above be moved to the "Best underwear - sorry boot - fitter/Wanaka" post??........ Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy