Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I NEED NEW GLOVES/MITTS! PLEASE HELP!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am in desperate need of a new pair of gloves/mitts.
What does anybody recommend?
I am a snowboarder that it currently going to indoor slopes once a week at the mo but am planning to do a whole season in the Alps.

I dont mind paying the right price if they are deccent and will last me.

I was thinking mabey Gore-tex?

Any thoughts are great.

Thanks! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Soph_boarder, FWIW I use the dakine lightning glove at the moment. I mainly ski but its described as a boarding glove. I like the long gauntlet on which the cuffs can be pulled tight or loosened easily. Its Goretex and good in bad weather. even still you can sweat a little bit in them so I often put glove liners in after lunch and its like a new pair of gloves. Ive used these on over 4 weeks of skiing and several snowdome sessions and I still like them. Cost about £50 at EB. They are not to cumbersome either.
Good gloves go a long way to preserving happiness.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
is it not a bit dodgy buying something to fit you right off ebay or online come to think of it. A glove is like a boot, you need it to fit and feel comfortable. There are so many sizes and width's etc surely you need to try before you buy?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
northantsred wrote:
is it not a bit dodgy buying something to fit you right off ebay or online come to think of it. A glove is like a boot, you need it to fit and feel comfortable. There are so many sizes and width's etc surely you need to try before you buy?

Dont think anyone mentioned buying online yet Puzzled Unless you interpreted my EB as ebay rather than Ellis Brigham.
I do agree in trying on a glove should fit well. Fit like a glove really wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Soph_boarder,

Have a look a 'onebelowzero.com', there are some 'level' mitts on there for £35-00, were £70 ( so they say);have bought a pair myself & they are excellent. They have a top quality 'innner' liner that doubles as a lightweight glove ( perfect for snowdome use) if you get hot hands; with the mitts on top they will keep your hands toasty warm in the coldest condtions. They also have a good deal on giro lids if your looking for those as well ( 1/2 price).

Good shopping

Mitch
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am on my second pair of Hestra gloves. Wouldn't change them for anything. There are a few threads about here on how good they are.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We got our daughter those hestra three finger mitts, they are brill (for kids Laughing ).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I use Northface gloves.... cost about £35 and are replaced every season......... long gauntlet, well made, idiot strings, pass pocket... I've had more expensive and they still didn;t last me 2 seasons..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hestra.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another vote for Hestra!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Always fancied some Hestra gloves myself. Unfortunately their largest sizes aren't very large - feel very cramped across the width of my thin hands. And there are very few, if any, of their gloves that come with liners.

That said, everyone that's got them raves about them.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
glowman, the sizes vary between gloves. A certain size in some of their line definitely doesn't correspond to others. Probably worth trying a few pairs.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swaney.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Marmot Work Glove - amazing and cheap
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have some very good Millet ones I bought in T K Maxx which have done 2 whole seasons, though I did need to mend them a bit to reinforce the thumb seam, which frayed eventually. There's room for an inner glove but they're OK without too. And I do very little boarding, which is much harder on gloves. I agree 100% about trying them on - I find a lot of them far too stiff and uncomfortable. The only time I found a pair of Hestra gloves they were not comfortable - but there was not many to try. I'd be willing to pay for them if I found comfortable ones - and my Millet ones will probably die sometime next season.

Where can you try on Marmot work gloves?
snow report
Soph_boarder, Equipment section jong rolling eyes . Oops, wrong forum wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy