Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Insurance? I am confused

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, can anyone advise which insurance to get as there are so many companies out there and i am not familiar with what to look for and what is a good policy cover wise. Also do we need to get a E111 form we are going to Switzerland, or will the insurance we get suffice, are rented skis covered when left outside a cafe etc, sorry to ask basic questions but i hope there are some people who know what to look for and hopefully have had good service. Thanks for your help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andyarmitage, Re the E111: Switzerland is covered but there are restictions which should not affect you if you are a Brit residing in the UK as far as I can make out.

Paste this into your browser as I am not sure the URL will work from here as I am not a Tefal headed techie.

Or stick E111 into Google.

I just obtained ours today, downloaded the forms from the Internet and took them to the Post Office - no problems, I was expecting some drama at the counter but no it was easy.

CP
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy try www.ski-insurance.co.uk, you can see all the details and get aquote online.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
E111 no good in switzerland as you will not be in the EU

As for which company, that's a good question. There is another thread that has been active today that has a comparison table with some of the main insurers (but by no means all).

I use Columbus Direct and they have reimbursed me for £1,500 of expense when my girlfriend got sick in Australia (she has a policy as well so it was actually a claim under her policy - but, typically, I paid the expenses!). The claims company paid up within 3 weeks of lodging the claim and were easy to deal with while we were away. Of course, you may find that other insurers use the same claims company and so the service is the same (depending upon the terms of the particular policy) but you rarely know that when taking out the policy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To answer my own question........................

The URL works.

CP
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tony Lane wrote:
E111 no good in switzerland as you will not be in the EU

INCORRECT! The leaflet "Health advice for travellers" which came with my new E111 states " As a result of an agreement with the EU which came into force on 1 June 2002, the E111 arrangements also cover Switzerland."

Also it should be noted that the E111 actually applies throughout the European Economic Area (EEA), which comprises the 25 EU countries PLUS Iceland, Liechtenstein and (important for skiers to note snowHead ) Norway.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink, thanks for correcting me - i should have checked that before i posted!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tony Lane, No problem, I just thought I should make it clear to andyarmitage that it is now worthwhile taking your E111 with you to Switzerland snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy