Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowworld Holland

Poster: A snowHead
Live on the Piste

http://62.100.53.114/view/index2.shtml?newstyle=Quad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zoetermeer; not the (much) larger Landgraaf site
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ronald wrote:
Zoetermeer; not the (much) larger Landgraaf site
Still, much easier to get to from most of NL than Limburg.

Any idea how long the slopes are?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never did go there. Even though the #32 and #206 buses went from right outside my house to Zoetermeer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zoetermeer there are three pistes the longest is 210metres. (Snowworld Landgraaf is 520M)

http://zoetermeer.snowworld.com/pages/content/s2/12230000000050-10040000000014/wintersport.aspx

http://www.wintersporters.nl/templates/images/gebieden/kaarten/wm_map_large_375.jpg

Very nearby in The Hague we also have De Uithof 211 Metre long. This place is huge.

http://www.deuithof.nl/en-7-Indoor_skiing_and_snowboarding.html

Plenty of other things to do as well
Pictures

http://www.denhaag.nl/Pics/szw/ooievaarspas/uithof.jpg
http://www.locaties.nl/sportaccommodaties/de-uithof.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton, what's the snow quality and steepness like at de Uithof? That would be easy for me to get to and the prices look very good.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
15 euros for 4 hours in the summer if you have your own gear. Makes the prices charged over here look even sillier.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B, Landgraaf is pretty good value too €29 for 8 hours and they stop the clock when your not on the slope! Tamworth day ticket is £80 (and people think 3 valleys is expensive) Toofy Grin. Will I be doing a trip? If I can get 3 or 4 in the car to split the costs you bet ya. Watch this space (or a new one I'll create).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
But, you can get all your teaching tickets & learn snowbording & tele marking in your lunch hour in August Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RPF wrote:
Colin B, Landgraaf is pretty good value too €29 for 8 hours and they stop the clock when your not on the slope! Tamworth day ticket is £80 (and people think 3 valleys is expensive) Toofy Grin. Will I be doing a trip? If I can get 3 or 4 in the car to split the costs you bet ya. Watch this space (or a new one I'll create).

Yes. Landgraaf is exceptional value.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Been to Landgraaf a couple of times and would recommend it to anyone. People I have taken have then gone back again it is that good. I have never seen anywhere comparable in terms of indoor facilities. You can eat well there too. Finding it can be interesting but is not too bad.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey, I lve in Rotterdam, I have noticed a large dry ski area on the side of the river Rotte! is this one of the slopes being discussed?
If not has anyone been to it?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tombeaton, it's not that hard to find, it's visible from about 20 miles away! Wink

I love snowworld - 20 minute drive after work and then I'm in the freezing cold which makes a nice change from sweltering in 30 degrees!

OK, so skiing is cheap at Landgraaf, food is good - however I'd steer yourselves away from the shop unless you want your eyes to start bleeding. Lovely, lovely stuff - just don't turn the labels over. E.g., I found a pair of ski boots there in December - drove 3 miles down the road to Decathlon - 100 euros saved!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am going to Belgium! Wish I could go to this! I am currently watching a piste basher grooming Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Prices look much better than UK snowdome prices. Still, there is no way I'm going all the way over there unless there is pow or actual mountains.
ski holidays
Jules, how long will you be in Belgium for? Landgraaf is only 75 minutes by car from Brussels.
ski holidays
Just to complete the group with a
Snowworld Landgraaf U tube (possibly been on here on another thread).
ski holidays
did I go to a different landgraaf? The food was shite, the equipment was a joke and the staff couldnt give a toss about anything. The only fun was dressing up in eisbaer hats in the shop and firing snow at the restuarant windows hockey stop stylee. I doubt I'll ever be back there, and that's alledgedly europe's best? I would hate to see the worst.
And it's in the limburg, even the dutch say they are weird down there.
snow report
Alexandra, and Brussels is 90 minutes from Calais..?
snow conditions
About 2 hours 15 if you hit it out of rush hour - the biggest bottleneck is on the Vilvoorde bridge on the E40 - you'd be better off taking the motorway by Lille - but I forget the number.

jonny's not wrong about the equipment... you'll be handed skis which come up to your chest, as soft as butter with a different DIN in each - so take your own.

Do NOT attempt to go to Landgraaf between November and March - it'll just make you "fighty". New Year's Day was lovely up there though. Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy