Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what is the economy like in the UK

Poster: A snowHead
achilles, the base rate is not the only reason for your poor savings returns. The bank have increased their margins. 5 year fixed rates on mortgages are still arounf 4.7%, a rate that could have been achieved 10 years ago. They used to work off a margin of 0.5% to 0.75% but now a trying nearer 4%. There are some better deals out there, just shop around, but I would say that as I work in financial services
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2.5 per cent hahah... I remember when banks offered their staff 5 per cent below base as a tax free perk..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
High interest rates rob those on fixed incomes.

The douchebags win again.

An upscale economy like the US will pull through.

UK is strictly for losers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latchico wrote:

Not any time soon, I fear. Obama, like Bush before him, is spending money that the American people haven't earned. The US economy is not responding, and one day soon there will be a reckoning.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
laundryman wrote:
Latchico wrote:

Not any time soon, I fear. Obama, like Bush before him, is spending money that the American people haven't earned. The US economy is not responding, and one day soon there will be a reckoning.

Yeah I know, but praising America and knocking the UK is part of the style I am trying to copy. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so they say. Work with me on this one.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Today - EEF report 4% growth in manufacturing in next 12 months, 800 new jobs at Barclays, also more at Santander. Signs of improvement?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
my wife is still spending like a drunken sailor if it helps at all..... Shocked Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barry, lors of rum then?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Latchico, Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"If house prices are the barometer, we're in trouble "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/comment/paulfarrow/8102293/If-house-prices-are-the-barometer-were-in-trouble.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/8220862/Homeowners-should-prepare-for-interest-rates-of-5pc-warns-Bank-of-England-markets-chief-Paul-Fisher.html
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/8220862/Homeowners-should-prepare-for-interest-rates-of-5pc-warns-Bank-of-England-markets-chief-Paul-Fisher.html

now i wouldn't class myself as particularly clever, but to me it's blatantly obvious that one day interest rates will rise from their current all time low.
this doesn't seem like news to me.
or maybe i'm just more intelligent than i thought (nah!) or everyone else is less intelligent than i thought? (i hope not or we're in trouble).

what i don't understand is why the global financial mess seemed such a surprise to so many people. i hardly ever watch the news on tv or read the papers, yet even i can recall seeing many reports about the stupid debts that were being racked up by morons all over the place & the over the top mortgage deals offered to total losers.
i heard many times that there would be a global crash so i'm sure most others must've heard the same. rolling eyes

rant over.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bythesea, you'll find you can type capital letters (there the one s that LOOK LIKE THIS) by using the shift key (that's the one with the upwards-pointing arrow at the left of your keyboard). Grown-up stuff, I know - but I think you're nearly ready for it. Madeye-Smiley

Not sure why this thread isn't in Apres - still, if the BBC can do dumb-down, why shouldn't we?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oooh. A thread on snowheads related to my occupation. Exciting.

Interest rates probably won't go up until the economy shows stronger signs of recovery I'd imagine. The government will favour growth above reduced inflation in the short term.

Unemployment and other growth signs have not been favourable of late. So potentially bad news for savers there.

Levels of national debt (used to fund the budget deficit) has not improved despite the 'austerity' measures imposed by Gideon.

Companies/groups are striking at new policies been passed by the government.

The weather is affecting travel/the airports, and many people can't get to the shops and spend.

In short, it's not in a good way.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
v1cky24 wrote:
The weather is affecting travel/the airports, and many people can't get to the shops and spend.

But in addition, isn't the weather affecting travel/the airports so that more people will spend some more money in the UK ?
snow report
moffatross, Indeed. In comparison to spending abroad yes. In terms of the general economy, the weather will be having a detrimental effect.
snow report
I know people in the ski travel business in Bulgaria which is almost entirely Brit based and they say it's dire. People are selling apartments because they have one or two lettings that two years ago were booked out, hotels are empty etc. UK tour operators were hugely discounting last minute deals even before February last year.
ski holidays
Both the industries I work in have had a better 2010 than 2009, but difficult to say if that trend will continue especially since house prices have been falling solidly since 2008, always a bad sign of where the economy is heading.
snow report
Could Britain be heading for a crash?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/simonheffer/8259936/Could-Britain-be-heading-for-a-crash.html
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy