Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone like to join us skiing in Megeve --7th to 19th February?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
An American friend (male and expert level!) and I (female and intermediate level!) will be skiing in Megeve in the next 2 weeks 7th to 19th February--so if any of you snowHeads are around that area and would like to join us for a few runs--do let us know---I will be checking my email!
Snow conditions are reported to be excellent!
Julianne Blush
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would have been delighted to meet up, but we are in Mottaret that time.

Just felt sorry for this post looking so lonely...... snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sOUNDS GREAT BUT CAN'T AFFORD IT AT TEH MOMENT
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would have been great but next out on 17th ... and in Austria.

Considered Megeve a couple of seasons ago and it didn't look great for the expert (not that I am one - merely "quite advanced" whatever that means). A couple of black pistes and little mentioned re off-piste.

I would appreciate some feedback on the view of 'American friend' on scope and places to ski for advaned/expert level. Have a great time Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Chris, Inga and BOOthy--thanks for your replies!--We have in fact just today returned from Megeve after only the one week there--snow conditions were superb--but the French school holidays had started and I have never seen such lift queues or traffic on the slopes (mainly teeny tots following teacher in a duck line-- and teenage snowboarders surfing in between--)---so we never had a chance to check in at the internet cafe to see these replies---anyway--about Megeve: I usually go there in March or early April--it is a charming village, and I find the skiing just about right--(as an advanced (?) intermediate)---My friend came over from the USA--he is a ski instructor--and sure enough I got some constructive criticism--to help polish my "style"--or rather --delete bad habits once and for all...but I'll let him say a few words about how Megeve compares to his home ground---so watch this space!
PS I expect to go back to Megeve again in mid-March--will put up post again! Bye for now Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Julieanne, sorry only saw your post today, just back from St Gervais 5-12 Feb. The school kid scrums were pretty bad even then, and that was without an English half term!!! But wasn't the snow wonderful. Did you manage to get all over the hill into lovely little St Nicolas? NB Don't let EFS catch your friend constructively critiquing your technique without proper French instructor accreditation! Very Happy wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Manda, --no, we didn't get over to St Niolas---but hope to do so next time --and yes, I know just what you mean about the EFS---they keep an eagle-eye on anyone "instructing"--which of course my friend was only doing in a friendly way--occasionally!
I know several of the English chalet companies in Megeve (have stayed with a couple of them in past years)--have had just such problems--as they teach and guide their own clients---but I believe by now they have some sort of compromise or arrangemant with the ESF--not to be "treading on each other's toes"--or skis--so I gues all's well ---and the snow was falling merrily --when we left last Saturday! Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy