Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

zauchenese

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone offer any help on alpenhof hotel in zauchenese?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nice!....

You pay a premium to be up there though... but it is right in with the action...
Depending when you go there may be some evening events in the worldcup arena but it can be a little lonely at quiet times!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks flangesax, I have moved my thoughts to Zauchenese from Filzoos. We have 2 small children who will need lessons but I think the limited skiing in Filzoos may be frustrating for us.

I like the idea of being by the slopes but hop on bus to Altenmakt if the wife needs some small shops.

The Salzburgerhof hotel looks the part, may take a look at this?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can not comment on the hotel as I stayed in Flachau but:

Zauchensee is brilliant and seems very compact so you will be next to all the slopes with amazing views of the surrounding mountains.
The blue run form the top of the chairlift (the one on the very left side of piste map) back to Zauchensee is very easy with no surprises.

There is a long run to the Flachauwinkl and the other side of the mountain -Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl - seems family orientated –
judging by all those funny pictures on the chairlifts. Especially the first chairlift is a fairly easy blue for repeated trips with a nice restaurant with open fire at the top.
If I would have to take any learners to the area I will probably take them there.

Flachau has lots of après ski and restaurants and is more central so you can explore more of the area from there (Wagrain, Alpendorf etc.)
but the valley is flat I could not feel the mountains there and the village is very spread out.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bramhall182, If you want to ski that particular area why not base yourself in Flachau, Wagrain or Alpendorf/St Johann? All have easy access to the beginner areas for the children and good skiing for you while they are in class. Zauchensee is good skiing but as Flangesax says, a bit dead at night unless it is a World Cup weekend.

Lots of hotels to choose from if you book via the Tourist Offices. No idea if, or which, Tour Operators offer those resorts from the UK though.

Sue wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
See http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=48086 for a trip report covering the area. Zauchensee is small and very limited after dark, but maybe that's your thing?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am not into Filzmoos at all...

It is a pretty village and has some nice runs but very limited access to anywhere else and if you are an intermediate skier it will soon get a little limited.
Great with groups over Xmas and NY, good little active town but all out on its own.

Wagrain, Altemanrkt/Radstadt, Flachau and Flachau Winkle all offer good family skiing and you can easily get between the town on the ski bus.

You can get some TO packages to Schladming... which is a good area and a great town but not so good for little ones - however, Reiteralm (which links to Schaldming) has an ecellent nursery area up at mid station).

Still, I am a little bias towards these areas.... can't think why though!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been to the area twice, stayed in Flachau the first time and in Radstadt (in Flagesax's hotel) the second time. Good skiing and easy to get to from Salzburg airport.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hiya rich.ll!
would you be so kind as to sign my guestbook?...

If you are heading out this way again in the season please look me up!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
flangesax, Hi Mate, hope all is well with you and your wonderful family are OK?
Great honest replies mate.
Can't wait for the white stuff to return Very Happy Very Happy

Had such a great time skiing in your company plus your guests earlier in the year. If anyone has reached a plateau in there skiing
go ski with flangesax, he don't teach you anything Very Happy But he shows you that skiing is all about fun. I would never ever ever thought
I would do some of the things he showed me Shocked Shocked

Hope to see you again sometime.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
so back to the boring stuff

has zauchensee got toboggoning/ sleigh rides for the kids?

has it got any shops at all?

how much is taxi from altenmakt?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bramhall182,

Get the ski bus up to Zauchensee fropm Altemarkt - runs about every 20 mins in peak season.
They also do a 19:30 late bus down.

There are 2 intersport shops... and that be it! But if you are lucky they may have a little milk and some milka!
There are no official sledge runs in Zauchensee but at night it is anyones game around the base...

In Altenmarkt they have a nice long run (which is fast, fast, fast) and in Radstadt they have a very long one which is floodlit and has the gonolda running on tuesdays and fridays (but is not on the ski pass).
Mountain restaurants are open in the evening every night(ish) in Altenmarkt and on Tuesdays and Fridays in Radstadt.

Sleigh rides go through the valley between Altenmarkt and Radstadt.

blytht,
Good to see see you posting!!... Thanks for the thumbs up... sign my guestbook please.... and what is
Quote:

I would never ever ever thought I would do some of the things he showed me
really mean??

I had a great little time in Saalbach, awesome offpiste fun - but it was beaten later in the season up at Zauchensee.... stooooopid amounts of snow!
Great bit of confidence boosting at the park too...
I seem to remember you had a short love affair with a rail!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy