Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair just gets worse!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Southern (i.e. summery..) destinations would alway slow down in these months (some destinations are not served at all in winter), plus for the remaining more winter focused ones, I'd imagine that a good number of those flights are used by wintersport enthusiasts like ourselves and they found themselves (as I did) staring at high prices all in..(unless they were lucky enough to find tax-free suitable flights)..then promptly switched to other airlines...

All this added to the global slowdown for airlines and there you go..
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8160923.stm

Quote:
Budget airline Ryanair has announced a significant reduction in its services at Stansted Airport.

Ryanair will reduce the number of aircraft it runs at the airport by 40% in its winter schedule, and will cut the number of flights by 30%, it said.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Of course, it isn't really a cut of 40% in the planes available this winter over those available last winter.

It is a cut of 40% in the planes available this winter over those available this summer.

The difference between last winter and this winter is only 14% (24 instead of 28 ). But of course that would not be nearly as spectacular a headline.

And of course, one reason they need fewer planes is that they will be doing more short flights in the winter than the summer (hence the number of flights only reducing by 30% from summer levels).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wish they'd get sent to Coventry (Airport) to fill the vacuum left by Thomsonfly. Nice Mr O'Leary, are you listening? I'm fed up of having to travel from the Midlands to Gatwick and Stansted to fly to Salzburg - I used to be on the piste by lunchtime of the day of travel, whereas now it's a whole day of travelling. (Incidentally just booked Stansted flights to and from Salzburg next March for £1 with no add ons!)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have just booked flights with Ryanair from stanstead-Friedrichshafen for 2 adults, 1 chid, 3 cheched in bags and snowboard carraige for £156 ( free online check in )
So what do need i to look out for apart from the obvious keeping each bag under 15 kg's, i suppose you dont get seats allocated either so does everyone just push on, do they give priority boarding if you got young one's with you? Dont mind the argey bargey bit really you get what you pay for....
So as long as you check in online and keep your bags under 15 kg's (is it the same weight for ski/snowboard caraige) surely they cant be that bad as long as they get you from A-B??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
romeowner -

I had no complaints with a recent trip Bournemouth - Glasgow £8.00 total each way. As you say, you get what you pay for and everybody here has pointed out if you play the system you can get some very good fares.

You know about the luggage allowances and the on line check in - the only other thing I would point out is that we went through endless measurements of hand luggage to make sure we fitted within their maximum dimensions (55 x 40 x 20 I think). In the event there were all sorts of bags being taken on board that clearly bore no relation to the measurements - we just weren't willing to take the chance of being chucked off the flight. They also state that the one piece of cabin baggage is all that is allowed on board - any laptops, handbags etc must be placed in the cabin bag. Loatie
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
loatie, the dimensions of the hand luggage seem ok, with a bit of carefull packing its gonna be a breeze.... Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy