Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CHAMPAGNY EN VANOISE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, a quick question if I may.

In Champagny from this Saturday, are there any restaurants in the village that are a must do or ones that should be avoided at all costs? We were last here in 2012 and had a meal in Club Alpina which was a little rubbish, has it got any better?

Any other local knowledge would be greatly received. We are staying in the CGH residences in Champagny La Piat.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Imalittlelost, We've had good meals at Hotel Les Glieres and at the Grand Bouquetin (used to be called le Poya) so far this season.
They have a new chef at les Glieres this year and the other reports I have heard have been very good. They also have a decent bottle of St Chinian at under 10 euros which works out cheaper than a carafe of the local house wine.

La Barillon has also been pretty good, the menu is mainly pizzas or galettes but they also serve Savoie fayre such as Tartiflette as well as steak and chicken dishes. Probably a good bet if you have young children with you as they give them a little present at the end which is always popular. Don't have the spaghetti bolognaise as it can be a bit too sweet.

If you like pizza they make the best one in the village in the code bar, you can either eat in or take out.

The food at Club Alpina was reasonable but the service was slow and they no longer have a reasonably priced set menu.

We've not tried the Timbale, Cozy, Son des Clarines or the Alpenrose yet this season but the Alpenrose is usually good although a little on the expensive side.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy