Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunglasses

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
(there was a spammer, now edited out, so he wasn't the necromancer here)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name, The Old ones are the best.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/may/10/the-invisible-power-of-big-glasses-eyewear-industry-essilor-luxottica
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeah luxottica are the biggest player in the business, but I suppose when you get in nice and early that is one of the potential advantages.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jimmy2018, Luxottica make a shed load of branded sunglasses ..... http://www.luxottica.com/en/eyewear-brands (including Oakley)

However, their best branded actual proper "sunglasses" are Ray Ban and Persol. These are the definitive and original brands that actually have glass lenses, come in a range of polarised, photochromaic, graduated, G50, and other lenses. Classic ski sunglasses! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
man knows glasses Happy Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Heh Jimmy -- there was a spammer/nercomancer in this thread earlier in the month : they were from Ireland, do you know them ??? (not that I am suspicious..)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
best I have had are the Cratoni photochromatic
https://cratoni.com/en/produkt/c-shade/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DrLawn, Normally that would be a report on SPAM but we all know you are genuine. As @under a new name, says, has the stone been rolled away?
Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DaveD wrote:
best I have had are the Cratoni photochromatic
https://cratoni.com/en/produkt/c-shade/


It's funny that their own publicity claims light modulation in the most contrasting light levels, is followed by stated supply also of a clear lens.

Why would you need that then? Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ski3 wrote:
DaveD wrote:
best I have had are the Cratoni photochromatic
https://cratoni.com/en/produkt/c-shade/


It's funny that their own publicity claims light modulation in the most contrasting light levels, is followed by stated supply also of a clear lens.

Why would you need that then? Toofy Grin


and your point is?

I have a set ..which came in a nice little case with 2 other sets of lenses.. and I have tried lots of others and these work very well ..including low light ..
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DaveD wrote:
ski3 wrote:
DaveD wrote:
best I have had are the Cratoni photochromatic
https://cratoni.com/en/produkt/c-shade/


It's funny that their own publicity claims light modulation in the most contrasting light levels, is followed by stated supply also of a clear lens.

Why would you need that then? Toofy Grin


and your point is?

I have a set ..which came in a nice little case with 2 other sets of lenses.. and I have tried lots of others and these work very well ..including low light ..


I just find it amusing that something that claims to extend so far into accommodating changing light levels should need a clear lens to suppliment such a performance. Ironic, no?

Their claims of "anti scratch" in "preventing" scratching, also demonstrates perhaps a technical claim out of reach.

I'd not argue your experience, as I've not tried them. But the claims cursorially appear unusually inflated. It's their advertising I find funny.
snow conditions



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy